Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Designer v1.152 now available - use caution

Default Doing it now

Quote Originally Posted by HighTechOkie View Post
    Yes, uninstall, reboot, reinstall. You can install from the file you already downloaded of version 1.152.

Rob
    I uninstalled my designer software and installed the original version from a disk, now I am upgrading. I will let you know what happens in a few minutes. I am running MS Vista service pack 1 as an operating system.
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by AWoodsmith View Post
    I was not that smart and I downloaded and installed the 1.152 and now I can not do anything but open designer. If I try and open a project i get the gui.exe error and the software closes, and if I try to download a pattern from the sharing forum it tries to open and guess what it crashes again. So what now???
    see if you can do a restore point and go back. mine nevers works. I had to reset my factory setting and lost a lotof stuff even with backing up

Angry Try Again

Quote Originally Posted by Hesstx View Post
    see if you can do a restore point and go back. mine nevers works. I had to reset my factory setting and lost a lotof stuff even with backing up
    Ok, I tried the uninstall and then reinstall and same results, gui.exe error then Designer shuts down. I will try to do a restore from a previouse point and see what happens. I am not holding my breath but what the hell.....
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

I don't think a restore is going to do anything to help Designer work. It will only take you back to a point where the old version of Designer worked.

I would suggest calling LHR in the morning and see if they can help you. I wonder if it might be something that is incompatible with your video card.
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Default the download may be

corrupted too. try re-downloading.

Default Got it, thanks Alex

Quote Originally Posted by TIMCOSBY View Post
    corrupted too. try re-downloading.
    Ok, I got in touch with Alex from LHR today and all is working fine. He e-mailed me the directions for loading the software for Windows Vista. I never had a problem withe opening the software just with using it after it was opened. The funny thing is I had used it on Vista in the past with no issues but had issues now. So if anyone has any issue like I did I can now help you out. I want to thank LHR and Alex for the quick and accurate help.

Ed
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Ok, I got in touch with Alex from LHR today and all is working fine. He e-mailed me the directions for loading the software for Windows Vista. I never had a problem withe opening the software just with using it after it was opened. The funny thing is I had used it on Vista in the past with no issues but had issues now. So if anyone has any issue like I did I can now help you out. I want to thank LHR and Alex for the quick and accurate help.

Ed
    I will say this CW will till you there SW may not work with Vista even thou many of us use it. Vista seems to like to do many update and it was after one of those times that my GUI started messing up but only with CW so cant say it is CW or MS just know MS is no help I ended resetting factory setting and reloading the the rest. The HP back up sucked l alot. when I attempt to load my faves back into the mix the problem returned so there is something that has got placed it there

I have had a Gui crap 5 x since last week with the new new update with I save if will lock and die

Ed
    I can load and run Designer on my son's Vista machine but not mine. I get the gui.exe error. I contacted tech support on this months ago and got instructions sent which I followed to the letter but no joy. Tech support insists it works, implying that I am not following instructions. Stalemate. I'm stuck using my old, poorer-performing XP computer. I've spent hours trying other variants to install and run, downloading drivers, etc. So if you've got the magic fix, please send it on over!

If after un installing and reinstalling with still no luck.

try this: Left mouse click on Designer's icon and run in "Administrator mode"

LG

I think LG meant to say right mouse click on Designer's icon and run in "Administrator mode".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast