Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3 Days and Counting......

Default Parts

Jerry,

Do you think those were Sony parts or things he liberated from the Navy?
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Getting them from the Navy would defeat the purpose - they buy all their stuff from China, too

Besides, with toilet seats going for $6,000, his machine would be worth about 25 grand!
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNB View Post
    NOW is OUR time to do something about and the only way i know of legally is a tea-party.
    John,

You keep mentioning "legally" and I agree that a non violent action is absolutely the best and preferable course....FIRST. I pray to my God that will work.

But let's try to keep in mind that the second amendment wasn't put there to allow you to only go hunting. It was put there intentionally and specifically to allow us the means to protect ourselves from big oppressive government. I certainly hope it never comes to guns (I actually don't even own one) but if it does, it's perfectly legal.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    If they knew that any of their members shopped at a non-union store they would let us know that they were not happy with us. I still hear from a friend about how he will never step into a Walmart to this day.
    Man, if that's not yet another argument against unions I don't know what is. They dictate to or at least frown upon where you can shop? Sounds like the very definition of freedom to me....

I'll say it, and yes it's my opinion (based on many facts like that), I hate unions. Always have, always will...
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Listen to this one Chris...

I met with a lady last month who was looking to get into a business of her own.

25 years old, works at the GM plant on the line here in KC.

Worked as a temp in Louisiana for GM for 8 months, GM hired her on FT, and paid her $16k to relocate to KC.

She's been with GM for 20 months now (12 full time). She gets paid $28/Hr., and if they lay her off she gets 80% of her pay while off. The plant was closed for about 6 weeks earlier this year.

Assuming you've done the math on her tenure, GM just offered her a buy-out - $25k in cash, and a chit valued at 25k for any new GM car on any lot anywhere.

Her Mom works at the plant in LA - her advice? Don't take the buy-out, let them lay her off.

Why?

She's guaranteed 80% of her pay for 22 months if they do lay her off. That equals over $85k to her to sit on her ***.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

{quote}; John,

You keep mentioning "legally" and I agree that a non violent action is absolutely the best and preferable course....FIRST. I pray to my God that will work.

just want to stay out of jail.
    NOTHING worst than riding in the back of a police cruiser in handcuffs and shackles watching your FREEDOM roll pass the window. if a person has any sense, it will only happen 1 time. (well, maybe 2)
    http://www.teapartypatriots.org/
    all tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWheeler View Post
    Jerry,

Do you think those were Sony parts or things he liberated from the Navy?
    That is NAVY Surplus........ The year I retired in 95 I was on a Field Trip on a day off with a friend and we went to Barstow, CA to a Military Surplus yard. I found a computer like the one pictured below listed as surplus to be sold for auction. The Computer was still being used throughout the Military. This one was from a Marine Communication Van, it did the scrambling of the audio. Since where I was working in San Diego we had a few that they used to teach students on, I called the Department Head and asked if he wanted it... He could have faxed me the paperwork.... Just for parts... He said NO... Don't need it... Broke my heart....

I had taught the repair on that computer 10 years earlier....

Made me feel OLD.....

As for Sony.... I did liberate about 30 of the heavy steel 5 drawer wide file cabinets when they combined 2 buildings. The cabinets had service manuals in them and we went to CD Service Manuals. I saved them 3 metal dumpsters at a few hundred bucks each and got some great storage.

My house was a block from Sony and every weekend I made the 3 hour trip home with stuff.... The Chairs went to the local Fire Dept destine for the dumpster....

Boat trailer with Attitude.....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-18-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNB View Post
    {quote}; John,

just want to stay out of jail.
    NOTHING worst than riding in the back of a police cruiser in handcuffs and shackles watching your FREEDOM roll pass the window. if a person has any sense, it will only happen 1 time. (well, maybe 2)
    I understand John. But in my humble opinion, that kind of thinking would have never built this country in the first place.

If they want to put me in cuffs for standing up for my constitutional rights against a government bent on stripping them away? They'll have one hell of a fight on their hands for sure.

Believe me brother, I stand right with you in your approach and nothing would please me more than to see it "really" work. I just fear we're beyond that point as this government is simply too big and too powerful to care. I've never wanted to be more wrong about something in my life. I truly hope I am.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    Listen to this one Chris...

She's guaranteed 80% of her pay for 22 months if they do lay her off. That equals over $85k to her to sit on her ***.
    Hmmmm...I simply can't imagine why they went under with a savvy business model like that??

I also can't imagine why, when we all knew they should go bankrupt way back when, we had to give them so much money "before" they did. OH that's right, because of that savvy "government" business model...DUH Chris...
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Default Take America Back

Take 6 minutes to watch and listen to all of this video. If you have kids? Make sure they watch it as well:
    Words to live by……….

This guy's video on youtube has been so popular that Obama
    called him personally. He said that he was very disturbed with the video and invited him to the White House.
    Obama also said he wanted the White House to handle the Press and not to talk about the video or the White House visit.
    That's interesting.
    Watch it now. This may be the best six minutes invested in your futureYou may have to turn your Sound Control up some.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast