Thread: Machine not lowering

Default Machine not lowering

Can anyone help me, my machine handle will not lower anymore using the handle, please help.

Rick

Everybody has that happen at first. Caused by raising the head too high. There is a hole in the jackscrew near the bottom on the side farthest away from the keypad. stick an allen wrench in and ggive it a few turns. It it mentioned in the manual as well.
    John

If you don't like cussing you'll want to stay out of my shop!

Quote Originally Posted by JVallario View Post
    Everybody has that happen at first. Caused by raising the head too high. There is a hole in the jackscrew near the bottom on the side farthest away from the keypad. stick an allen wrench in and ggive it a few turns. It it mentioned in the manual as well.
    ok, I will try this tomorrow. Unfortunately I took the handle off to see what was going on inside, I reattached, but when I lower it the it begins to unscrew the holding screw, Will this adjustment fix this? Also you are correct I did over raise, trying to clean my sensor.

Is this normal for after winter of no use?

I had the same issue with my machine right out of the box. I found the trouble shooting info about turning the jack screw to free up a stuck head and have gotten in to the habbit of giving the head a little help lowing by turning the handle with my left hand while also "helping" the jack screw turn with my right. Just have to reach under the bit gague on the opposite side from the handle. This works easily unless you are working on thinner boards (under 3/4") as fingers are a little fat to fit. Also, a few shots of WD40 has helped the head move a little smoother.
    Bob Campbell
    Farmington Central High School
    Industrial Techology Teacher
    Using v1.185
    Build 10343

It might be time to read the manual again and look over tips and tricks. It is clearly stated in the manual that the hole in the jacking screw primes the threads after jacking to head too high. There are allot of Pilot Errors that can be avoided by reading the Tips and Tricks.

Some common early posts are....

Head won't crank down...

I get a line in my artwork in the Y Axis about 3.5 inches from the end of the board.....

The artwork is smaller on the board than I expected.....

I keep getting LOAD BIT.... Over and over.....

The board ejects from the machine over and over.....

What is the 7 inch rule of wood?.......

If you don't know the answers to the following mostly caused by Pilot Error, you need to read the Tips and Tricks and the Manual.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Ok guys, I have lowered it about 1/2 way and oiled the posts but it is still ratcheting, any other thoughts on what I should do?

Your head could be not level causing a binding. Measure the distance between the belt and the head on each side.

Remove the bottom and remove the cross connector rod that has skipped a tooth.

Level the head.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com