Thread: Crank doesn't click

Default Crank doesn't click

My crank that lowers the rollers onto the project doesn't click and "release" like it used to. The rollers go down against the project board, but then I can't turn it anymore (I don't want to use extreme force to turn for fear I may do damage). Does anyone have any thoughts concerning what is wrong and how I can correct?

It's Sunday, so I haven't tried LHR yet.

Thanks
    Rocky

rocky; i believe you need to spray some white lithum grease behind the flat washer, behind the crank handle.
    this process just greases up the clutch. you can run without the clutch action, but you don't know the down pressure which is suppose to clutch out at the 85lbs.
    Last edited by JOHNB; 05-18-2009 at 06:03 AM.

Default Crank doesn't click

Mine did the same thing, lubed the four posts and clutch and that fixed it....use bathroom scale pressure should be about 85 pounds.

jack

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNB View Post
    rocky; i believe you need to spray some white lithum grease behind the flat washer, behind the crank handle.
    this process just greases up the clutch. you can run without the clutch action, but you don't know the down pressure which is suppose to clutch out at the 85lbs.

That fixed it, Thanks!
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    That fixed it, Thanks!
    I am having the same problem and will be re greasing mine again. Now is there a difference between white lithium grease and the black lithium grease?

Ed
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by AWoodsmith View Post
    I am having the same problem and will be re greasing mine again. Now is there a difference between white lithium grease and the black lithium grease?

Ed

Sorry, I don't know....I didn't know there was black lithium grease.
    Rocky