Thread: load tool over and over

Default load tool over and over

I have found that this is caused by the y trunk does not move the arm on right to move into place for measurement. This could be caused by dirty rails or motor is loosing strength to move arm or y sensor not reading right.
    The poor design of this machines ways system is in need of updates all bearings and ways should have had dust covers or some protection from saw dust no oil or grease can be used because it will clog the system. Also the electronics and wires are too exposed for this kind of work and the cover is not helping this problem. The machine does a nice job when it works but needs some mods or it won't make past warranty period.

Sounds like you outta build your own machine and market it. Then we all could have one that would work without fail forever!
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by xalite View Post
    I have found that this is caused by the y trunk does not move the arm on right to move into place for measurement. This could be caused by dirty rails or motor is loosing strength to move arm or y sensor not reading right.
    The poor design of this machines ways system is in need of updates all bearings and ways should have had dust covers or some protection from saw dust no oil or grease can be used because it will clog the system. Also the electronics and wires are too exposed for this kind of work and the cover is not helping this problem. The machine does a nice job when it works but needs some mods or it won't make past warranty period.
    Mr PKUNK; ME THINKS I DETECT A LITTLE POSTURING IN THE FORUM WHERE YOU COME OUT DEFENDING RATHER THAN MODERATING...TRUTH TO TELL THERE IS A LOT OF ROOM FOR IMPROVMENT ON THIS PRODUCT...I AM A NEW OWNER AND I REALLY WANT TO LIKE THIS MACHINE, I REALLY HAVE A NEED FOR IT IN MY SHOP AND I REALLY LIKE THE CONCEPT,,,,BUT EVERY TIME I GO TO USE IT I HAVE TO WORK ON IT, I HAVE AXIS ERROR, THE INFAMOUS BOARD SENSOR DIRTY, CAN'T READ FLASH, MY LATEST IS I COME UP WITH A 2.125 INCH GAP IN MY CARVING. WHICH I JUST HAD A SUCCESSFUL SAME CARVING AHEAD OF THE FAILED ONE. THE PROBLEM THE USER MENTIONED ABOUT NOT HAVING A ENOUGH POWER OR BIND IN CARRIER I HAVE HAD ALSO....MINE WAS CAUSED BY THE PAINT ON THE REAR VERTICLE COVER LOOKED LIKE CRACKLE PAINT AND WAS CAUSING DRAG ON THE CARRIER..I SANDED THE AREA CLEAN AND IT WORKED. MY HUMBLE OPINION IS THESE MACHINES SHOULD STILL BE IN BETA AND THE FOLKS IN BETA SHOULD BE FEEDING ENGINEERING WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS THEY ARE HAVING AND PERMINENT SOLUTIONS INTRODUCED, NOT PATCHES! IF THE BETA MACINES ARE ALL RUNNING FINE, THEN CARVEWRIGHT HAD BEST LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED IN MANUFACTURING TO CAUSE ALL THESE PROBLEMS. JUST HAVE AN OPEN MIND AND READ THE FORUM POST...THESE FOLKS AREN'T ALL CRACK POTS, GRANTED SOME ARE, BUT A LOT OF THEM WANT TO SEE THIS THIING WORK....I KNOW I DO...I HAVE 40 PLUS YEARS MAINTAINING ELTRO MECHANICAL AND YES EVEN COMPUTERS AS WELL AS OVER 50 YEARS OF SAW DUST IN MY VEINS..SO BE OBJECTIVE AND TRY TO GET THESE PROBLEMS RESOLVED AND POST SOME HONEST RROGRESS REPORTS! I WOULD BE HAPPY TO WORK WITH CARVEWRIGHT, BUT I ALSO KNOW WHEN I AM ALIENATING FOLKS AND I THINK I AM CLOSE TO CROSSING THAT LINE IF I HAVEN'T SEALED MY FATE WITH THIS NOTE...REGARDS KEN

Well Ken, I don't work for CW, I volunteer here, my 'Beta' machine is in for repairs, and I don't take to people's attitudes here on a users forum. You, or any others who have a beef with Carvewright really should file your grievance with them. All caps is also considered VERY rude on an internet forum. Any more of this and it will "just disappear".
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Cool

I agree with Pkunk, Sounds like you outta build your own machine and market it. Then we all could have one that would work without fail forever!

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/sho...7951#post17951

This machine has been through a "proper" beta test. I don't know how many were sent out, but several of the Moderators were testers.

I understand things break. I also understand things are broken when the user doesn't fully understand what they're doing. Mine is dead right now. If you don't like the machine, return it and get your money back. Don't "beat a dead horse". Old Army adage: "If you aren't part of the solution, you must be part of the problem"

Be realistic. GM, Ford, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW and all the other major auto manufacturers have 100's of thousands of recalls and Tech bulletins yearly. These are problems that every piece of equipment goes through. (Even after they've been around for decades).
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Well with 15 yrs in the milling of tool and die I only post what I see when I make the mods to my unit I will post them and lets see who has a better Idea on whats going on inside.

7. Default

mr pkunk: excuse the caps, didn't mean to be rude, most of my typing is done in one case, i'm not a good typer and don't mess with the shifting. if you don;t see a need for improvement in machine, then i guess it don't need it. i just got the impression from your post that you give a lot of input to carvewright and you are as you stated a beta tester. i stand by my comments about the quality of the machine, the forums speaks for itself. i stand corrected on assuming you had ties to carvwright and also will never use caps in another forum...i have done that in the past and never been called on it! regards ken

Quote Originally Posted by woodshaving@yahoo.com View Post
    mr pkunk: excuse the caps, didn't mean to be rude, most of my typing is done in one case, i'm not a good typer and don't mess with the shifting. if you don;t see a need for improvement in machine, then i guess it don't need it. i just got the impression from your post that you give a lot of input to carvewright and you are as you stated a beta tester. i stand by my comments about the quality of the machine, the forums speaks for itself. i stand corrected on assuming you had ties to carvwright and also will never use caps in another forum...i have done that in the past and never been called on it! regards ken
    Forgiven, thanks.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66