Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thinking of buying a used machine

Just to through my 2 cents in, I have an "A" machine that has done a great job for me. I have had the carvetight chuck for a while - I guess it's time to install it. If you are comfortable working mechanical problems, I would not hesitate to purchase it new. All of the bugs on the "A" model can be found here on the forum. Believe me, the people here on the forum can get you past any difficulties you may encounter.

A couple of items to really consider adding - The probe with the Pattern Editor, Centerline, and Conforming Vectors. These will add greatly to your experience creating projects.

c_m, lemme add my thoughts to this. I now have 3 used CWs and have been surprised at the overall low maintenance. With that "A" machine, change out the QC chuck, get good dust control, pay attention to the cut time and you will be pleasantly rewarded. The CWs are amazing. You don't need to be a certified mechanic, just some mechanical skills. Did I say good dust control? FWIW. Joe
    Plea of Insanity for Addiction to ol' H-D Sporters

3. Default

Can you give me some good tips on dust control. I know there is a third party item for that but is that the
    Best way.

Default Top mounted vacuum heads

Quote Originally Posted by c_mjenkins View Post
    Can you give me some good tips on dust control. I know there is a third party item for that but is that the
    Best way.
    Here are three Top Mounted Vacuum Heads of equal value. each will do the job.
    http://www.wix.com/littleredwoodshop...ust-collection

The real consideration is the dust collector that you select to attach to these units!
    A shop vacuum will not perform the job due to the extensive time that it will need to run. Most are not designed to run constantly. However, a "Dust Collector" (DC) is designed for constant operation. You need to select a DC that is rated at 600 CFM or larger. You will find that most of these DCs will come with a 4 inch port rather than the smaller ports on a shop vac.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12