Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatal Error 3 HELP

1. Default Fatal Error 3 HELP

This machine takes a lot of patience. just turned it on today, and get a fatal error "3". I used it for the first time last night. It was working fine when I shut it down. Tried different things with turning on and the card.. still same results. I have work to do, and this machine is so darn touchy. I studied all I could before even unpacking it. If I can get this thing to work consistently, I will be happy. Thanks...pat

Someone with more knowledge than me will be along shortly.

But for now........

Did the machine happen to get unplugged or the power interrupted in some fashion while the card was in it and the switch was on?

Have you tried reformatting the card?

Default "Fatal Error 3"

plrichardny,

I never had one myself but a quick Forum Search
    brought up a whole page of posts with info about it.

Like this one --- Fatal Error ( 3)!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Page full of - Fatal Error 3s.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 06-15-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Could be you are trying to cut path something too thick....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

i have had fatol error 4 an fatal error 3 where is the pdf files for it

Try formatting the card and reloading the projects. With this one, it is process of elimination and the first step is do the reformat then tell us what it is doing when it fails.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by plrichardny View Post
    This machine takes a lot of patience. just turned it on today, and get a fatal error "3". I used it for the first time last night. It was working fine when I shut it down. Tried different things with turning on and the card.. still same results. I have work to do, and this machine is so darn touchy. I studied all I could before even unpacking it. If I can get this thing to work consistently, I will be happy. Thanks...pat
    Hello,

It could be something as simple as running another appliance on the same circuit as the machine. I have two machines...each is on its own dedicated 20 amp circuit with nothing else on them while the machines are running.

I had a customer about 2 years ago-ish getting that type of error, but intermittently...sometimes the machine completed a project...sometimes the error popped up. After a dozen or so questions/answers between us, I finally asked if he had anything else on the same circuit as the machine. Yes - he did! It was an upright freezer. Apparently, if the freezer cycled on during the same time the machine was running a project, it was causing the error due to a "brown out" of the power going to the machine. The solution for him was to put the machine on a different circuit.

Check out your setup and see if that might be a possibility in your case too.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

changed cards with same project running okay for now

i have a feeling it could be the memory card. had the problem the outher day an i have three cards but did not pay attension to which card have them numbered if it happens again will know

Quote Originally Posted by baby15 View Post
    i have a feeling it could be the memory card. had the problem the outher day an i have three cards but did not pay attension to which card have them numbered if it happens again will know
    Glad to hear you are able to run the project now. If it indeed was the memory card, this time of year (winter) usually sees an increase in memory card issues. A couple years ago, one of the CarveWright Techs asked me to include a blurb about this. See the excerpt below, copied from the November 2008 Tips & Tricks...

A TIP from CarveWright Tech Support:
    As the weather turns cold and humidity is
    down, there is a greater potential for static
    discharge to harm your machine and/or
    memory card. To avoid “zapping” them,
    just touch a light switch cover plate screw
    to discharge any static electricity from your
    body BEFORE touching your machine or
    memory card!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══