Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Memory, Dog Plaque

Default In Memory, Dog Plaque

I thought I'd share a sign that we just finished for a customer whose family dog passed away. I know the family and they are really going to miss their family member. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge the image.

2. Default Wow

Very Nicely Done - that is a great memorial

Very nice work. 'Thanks... for the memory'

I love the kinder heart statement.

About two weeks ago I had to put down my german shepard because of cancer. I cried like a baby as I stood by petting him. I had to watch my wife die from cancer so maybe why I cried. Or then again, maybe because he was my friend.

He was an absued puppy I got at about 1 year old. It took many months before he would come toward me unless it was 'food time'... He mostly stayed in a corner alone but sort of near where I was at the time. He was never trained as such but in time he would do almost anything on the first command. I think he was a sweet as my long passed Golden but a bit less goofy...

I wonder, an abused dog that just loved people, even better if a small child or another animal.

Edit: I wonder why humans cannot learn to be so forgiving.

Sorry, I had to post...
    Last edited by will george; 12-15-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Don't be sorry Will, thanks for sharing.

I am sorry to hear of your losses. I have a very old dog too. He has been my friend and hunting partner for many years. I am dreading the day that I face the same thing. He has a huge place in my heart.

Dan

Dan..

I have a wonderful (very old for a dog) Yellow Lab that is acting very strange lately. He is VERY old for a dog and I think he misses his shepard friend. I think my yellow lab helped the shepard throught his bad times so he could come to me.

I would get a new dog friend for him but I'm getting old and I am sure I'll pass on before the new dog!

My old dog (god spelled backwards) now just follows me everywhere I go these days. I wonder if he knows something I should know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Frecks View Post
    I thought I'd share a sign that we just finished for a customer whose family dog passed away. I know the family and they are really going to miss their family member. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge the image.

Very classy... nice job!

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

That's a beautiful plaque. I made one for my best friend who passed after only 15 years with us. It hangs in the Living room above my chair and i don't believe a single day has passed that I don't miss him. I'm sure they will cherish your present.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sinbad2.jpg  
    John

If you don't like cussing you'll want to stay out of my shop!

Quote Originally Posted by JVallario View Post
    That's a beautiful plaque. I made one for my best friend who passed after only 15 years with us. It hangs in the Living room above my chair and i don't believe a single day has passed that I don't miss him. I'm sure they will cherish your present.
    This is excellent....although it did get me all choked up....thanks man

Default thanks

that is great. I lost my dog a couple years ago and i still miss him. Cancer got him. He you to work with me on all my job site no matter where and lived in hotels when we had to, but he was with me 24 hours a day so it was a great loss when he went early. Thanks for the idea, I just have a giant square stone as a head stone so something like this would be grate on the front of that stone. Thanks for posting them, now i just have to figure out how you did them. Thanks. Any one have a pattern of a Bouvier des Flandres. I love those dog, i have two more but just not the same as one that spent 24 hours a day with you.
    Thanks for sharing
    Tim

You have to feel sorry for those who don't have dogs, or don't get it...

Lost my German Shorthair Pointer a couple years ago after 13 years. I still can't bring myself to replacing him, and going thru that again in another 13.

Those are both really beautiful - thanks.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast