Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Centerline Text won't carve

Default Centerline Text won't carve

I am making a project for a dear friend who lost his grandson. He is making a box to hold his ashes and wants me to carve the top of the lid. His daughter chose a pattern from the pattern store and it carves beautifully. The problem comes with the center-line text depth, or lack thereof. The wood is flat so I don't know why the text only carves intermittently as if the board is wavy and then very shallow. Can someone help me with an explanation or fix for this problem? This one is special to me. Thanks in advance...
    George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Justin Box Top.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    George

If you used the V60 Bit, it is shorter and likely just never touched the Bit Plate as your Z Rails are dirty... We call it a AIR CARVE....

Delete all but text and do again. Watch the bit touch the bit plate.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I used the v90 and it does touch the bit plate. Oh well, guess I will have to use some other text method since no one else has any suggestions. Thanks any way.
    George

George,

Is it possible that the touch point on the board is higher than the area you are trying to carve on? Meaning are you using a sled/carrier board that the side rails are a bit higher than the board you are carving on????
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If you used the V60 Bit, it is shorter and likely just never touched the Bit Plate as your Z Rails are dirty
    I agree...

I bought my machine end of March or so. There was a bad batch of machines that would aircarve on the centerline fonts. I helped LHR troubleshoot and they sent me a patch. It fixed the problem. What I never realized is that the actual depth was never right, but it didn't manifest itself until I tried the centerline font. To figure out if your machine has the same issue, cut a 1 inch square 1/4 deep and another one 1/2 deep. Mine was 3/32 off. Carvewright sent me a patch, I loaded it and everything worked. I also talked to Connie at the conference and they were trying to identify anyone who purchased the machine around the same time as mine.

I bought mine 3/27. What is she wanting to know?

Roger

Do the test Wayne said. It is is not carving deep enough, send email to software@carvewright.com. I will send you a file to recalibrate the firmware on your machine.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

You should call LHR tomorrow and reference the thread I started. Here is the original thread. http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...-90-degree-bit. Does this sound similar to your issue?

I did have that issue and I have already installed the patch and recalibrated. It did correct it some but If I try any centerline under an inch tall all I get is more of a scratch than a carve. Now I did notice a deeper carve if I use a sled but I haven't tried under and inch with sled yet.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast