Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Making Rotary Patterns

Here's the link where you can buy it

http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=304&page=1

2. Default

Thanks Chief. I'm thinking you are in the Airforce? I served from 1976 to 1980.

Thanks for the Service to our Country.

Steve

Steve

Thank you as well for your Service. Actually I served in the Army and Air Force. Army from 1978 -1984, Air Force from 1984 - 2011. Retired CMSgt.

Steve aka "Chief"

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    Thanks for the duck call Eddie, But not being a hunter I have to ask. Don't you blow a duck call. where does the air go in and come out.
    You can buy the Reeds for Duck Calls, or you can make them. I have a PDF I like to use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30672-04-500.jpg   30672-01-500.bmp   Duck Call.pdf   Duck Call with brass ring.jpg  

Last edited by bjbethke; 11-21-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Making a rotary jig pattern has just gotten easier. Well it has been easier for some time. Go over and watch the video here http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...suite-software, post #7. The rail sweep, now using that concept make yourself a rotary jig pattern by creating a line 6.75" in length. Click on sweep rounded, create your profile, click ok. You now have a pattern for your rotary jig. Save the pattern then follow ED's instruction for the jig and carve the pattern on the rotary jig. Add other patterns, text to your new pattern and you will be on a roll. Here is a quick lighthouse profile you can make in minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lighthouse profile.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

As another example here is the duck call I made a few post back, but this one was done using the rail sweep (sweep rounded, with line segment)
    First image is done in designer, second image was one I created some time back, and third image is what it would look like carved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails duck call.jpg   duck-call-r.jpg   duck-call-d.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks Eddie! Had not put much thought into "on the round" and the new tools. Sounds like an easy route for many possibilities maybe..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    Here's the link where you can buy it

http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=304&page=1
    I am interested in purchasing Ed's jig but I can't find it. The link above says it is an unavailable product.

I saw Ed did not have it listed on the store any more.. You might have to private message him as I am sure he is still making it and selling..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Will do, thank you!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast