Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d suite software

Default 3d suite software

Thought I would start a thread on the 3d suite software, where those of you using the software can display your work. I will start it out with this picture frame done using a rectangle, and sweel corner and drawing straight lines, then changing them to arc, by right clicking the line, and choosing form.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture frame.jpg   picture frame arc.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Here is the rosette I showed in another thread. If I were to do it over I would use the arc tool this time. More precise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rosette1.jpg   rosette sq.jpg   rosette outter ring.jpg   rosette middle ring.jpg  

rosette center.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Great demo of the tools Eddie. Thanks for the start. We need to start showing more of what the software will do...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I just placed a video on youtube on making the rosette.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pri1LcBudNw
    Last edited by eelamb; 12-11-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    I just placed a video on youtube on making the rosette.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pri1LcBudNw
    And even better!! Thanks Eddie!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks Eddie, very informative video. Looks like I need to play with the software. Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Larry

Thanks Larry and Floyd.
    Here is the next video and maybe the last since there does not seem to be any interest. I do not own the software thus I can not make the patterns I show in the videos. This topic does not benefit me, it is to help those that have the software.
    Ok for the video. What I show in the video will be for sale on my website, when I have the instructions written up, maybe sometime tonight. Or you can make it yourself. I made the one I will be selling using Moi3d.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnneV--7fb8

Saw mistake in the video. The back piece should have had the angled line going down into the board so it would fit on the back of the top carve. This would give the offset of the frame pulling out from the wall. Sorry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frame01.jpg   frame01 3d-front.jpg   frame01 3d-back.jpg   frame01 3d-front-a.jpg  

frame01 3d-side.jpg   frame01 assembly.jpg  
    Last edited by eelamb; 12-12-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Eddie

Eddie.... I don't know about others but I think the video(s) are a great learning tool. I've watched it and will watch it/them again. I have the software and it's intimidating to use it when you don't know for sure just how it works. Keep making the videos.

Eddie,

I too very much appreciate your tutorials. I watch them on You Tube and on cncmodelclub.com.
    I wasn't a member of You Tube until a few minutes ago, so they would let me like your videos.
    I am already a member of cncmodelclub. Hopefully you will continue the tutorials. They are very informative.

Thanks, Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Here is am image of picture frame profiles. Give it a try, just look at the profile and make that frame. Even if all you have is the demo, you can still make them. Who knows maybe you will decide to buy the software. Hey the software is on sale right now too. (no I do not get a cut of any kind)

The other images are of the frame I just finished making in Moi3d. It will be on my site tonight, and require 12 carvings total to create that one.

Thanks Sharon and Mike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails profile 03 frame.png   frame2.jpg   frame2-gold.jpg   frame2-mocha.jpg  

Last edited by eelamb; 12-12-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast