Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trial version of the software

Default trial version of the software

Hello to all,
    I'm new to the the forum and just placed my order for a CarveWright.
    I looked over a lot of threads on this forum. WOW
    I down loaded the trial version of the software and ran into a problem, I hope it's just the trial version. I can't mirror my project to put more then one on the board.

I attached the mpc file.

That did I do wrong?

Thank you!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello and welcome to the forum and even more, welcome to the carvewright family! You are gonna love you machine.

If you are trying to make more than one light switch, you have to copy it and then paste it on the board, you can only mirror the graphics you put on the project (ie the roses).

Just click on your project and make sure you have the entire box around the project, then just copy and paste it. When you paste, it will most likely paste over top of your current one, just drag it where you want it on your board.

Good luck
    Jeff

Jeff Corder

Thank you for the info.

I tried the copy & paste, And it did paste it on top, I was not able to drag it off the top of the 1st one

I'm think it's some thing to do with the software bing only a trial version or I did some thing wrong

Unclick center for both horz. and vert. for the switch cut out by reclicking them, then unclick center for the outer part, select all,copy, and paste, if that makes any sense.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by pine acres woodshop View Post
    Unclick center for both horz. and vert. for the switch cut out by reclicking them, then unclick center for the outer part, select all,copy, and paste, if that makes any sense.
    Mark
    Thank You
    That worked. (the top drilled hole moved )

Jim,

Welcome to the forum from another Colorado Carver! Glad to see another Colo. carving coming on board.

Glad to see you got your designer problem figured out. I think the trail version that you down loaded is the same software (full version) that we are using. The trial is just a 30 day try to let you see what is possible with the CW.

A good think to read if you have not done so is the monthly tips & tricks newsletters. They can be accessed from the main CW web http://http://carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-trickssite and also http://carvebuddy.com. They offer a lot of information to help you be successful with the CW. Also use the search function here in the forum, put your search item in "quotes" to help you find a lot of info on just about any subject that involves the CW.

Of course there a lot of guys and gals here that will usually jump at the chance to help out a newbie carver.

Happy Carving!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Potential Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_colo View Post
    Hello to all,
    I'm new to the the forum and just placed my order for a CarveWright.
    I looked over a lot of threads on this forum. WOW
    I down loaded the trial version of the software and ran into a problem, I hope it's just the trial version. I can't mirror my project to put more then one on the board.

I attached the mpc file.

That did I do wrong?

Thank you!!
    I'm using this for a potential lesson. I'll post more later.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_colo View Post
    Thank You
    That worked. (the top drilled hole moved )
    More than likely it's because you had an attachment on the top hole. (picture). Before copy and paste you have to release any and all attachments first. Then just be sure that all elements are selected before dragging.

Also, you have the top hole "mirrored" for the bottom one. Unless you move the group perfectly to the side, the location will change as you get away from the horizontal center line. As a general rule, I use all separate elements on my projects (no mirrors). Once placed and grouped, it's easy to move the group off center without changing the layout. So my setup would look more like this MPC. Just makes it easier for me to position things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light switch.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ChrisAlb; 01-03-2009 at 07:27 AM.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default Copy&Paste vs Mirror

As I posted, yesterday, the question prompted me to develope a new lesson.

If you go to my signature below, and click on the "Download" section, you will see a new lesson posted on 1/3/2009.
    The subject is "Copy & Paste v/s Mirror. While the lesson is only about 25 minutes long, the ZIP File is 239 MB in size. Therefore, as you do the download, go eat dinner, or something for about 15 or 20 minutes while the download works.

I hope the lesson helps a few carvers understand some of the tricks we can do with the CW software. My method of teaching is to allow mistakes to happen (stay in the presentation) and show you how to back out of the situation(s).
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thumbs up

Bud & Chris

Thank you

Bud, My first project turned into a lesson, WOW!! I don't know what to say!!
    Thank you I do have a ? how did you make the avi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast