Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spline Tool

Cool Click Purple Dot

Hi Kevin,

Quote; Right click the purple dot and select Intersect then normal.

Not sure what the problem is, Purple Dot works fine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click Purple Dot.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

To make a curved line straight, select the "Change Form" tool, then click on the line segment. (I did that on your left side line and it made it straight.)

(Also works in reverse - use the "Change Form" tool to make a straight line a curve.)
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 11-05-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default From - to - and - Back

Thanks Michael T,

I really don't think I've used that one before Myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From - To.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Thanks Michael T,

I really don't think I've used that one before Myself.
    Actually, I meant this tool (see photos). BTW, the purple dot could probably be deleted...then reposition the lower red control point to where the purple one was. (The purple control point doesn't appear to be necessary for the straight line, in this case.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Change_Form_Tool_BEFORE.jpg   Change_Form_Tool_AFTER_Clicking_the_Line.jpg  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Spline Tool

I am sorry I haven't responded back for a while, but I got busy and didn't have time. I am still having trouble using the spline tool. I guess I don't understand what all of you are trying to convey. I won't bother any of you anymore, as I feel it is probably me that is the problem. I want to thank all of you for your quick responses. I have learned a great deal about the machine and the software for this forum. (But this one has me stumped). I applaud all of you for your unselfish sharing of your knowledge and caring for the members of the carvewright and compucarve family. Thanks again,
    Woodie

NorthWest PA, Just a few miles South of Erie

Default Similar problem

I'm having a problem with the line segment tool, possibly related to the spline problem above.

After drawing one line segment the tool isn't available to me again until I select another tool from the same menu, the connected lines tool or the spline tool. Once I select one of the other tools, even if I don't draw anything with them, I can then select and use the line segment tool.

Maybe its just something I didn't learn about the program?

d...
    You can't have EVERYTHING - where would you PUT it?

Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    I am sorry I haven't responded back for a while, but I got busy and didn't have time. I am still having trouble using the spline tool. I guess I don't understand what all of you are trying to convey. I won't bother any of you anymore, as I feel it is probably me that is the problem. I want to thank all of you for your quick responses. I have learned a great deal about the machine and the software for this forum. (But this one has me stumped). I applaud all of you for your unselfish sharing of your knowledge and caring for the members of the carvewright and compucarve family. Thanks again,
    Woodie
    Woodie, don't get discourage and by all means keep asking questions until the problem is solved. As has been shown above there are at least 2 ways to solve the problem of the verticle line curving when a spline is added to it.

1) is the verticle line is changed to a spline when a spline is added to it. Using change form is a way to change it back.

2) the purple dot (ie vertex) is a spline vertex and thus curves the line it's conncted to. Right-clicking on this vertex and changing it to normal will fix the problem.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12