Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating Lettered Sign

Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

I thought I would jump in for a generalized comment. Different fonts are designed with each a certain distances between letters and generally this is called "Kerning". If you have a program like Corel draw you can get into the letter spacing or Kerning of each letter in one of the sub font menus . This also has to be considered in the width of the tool that cuts the letters and the path it takes. This is just some stuff that carries over from doing work in some of the software like Corel, PS and the like.
    Hope this helps. Wyndham

You can do this manually in image editing software.

HT

Thanks to everyone. I used Photoshop Elements (which I had never really used before for anything like this) to create the sign and then "weld" them together by drawing the necessary connections. Then saved as a jpn format and imported it into the Carvewright software. Worked great!!!

Ed

Default Zapfino

Zapfino font is another that is "well connected".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zapfino.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by edva53 View Post
    Thanks to everyone. I used Photoshop Elements (which I had never really used before for anything like this) to create the sign and then "weld" them together by drawing the necessary connections. Then saved as a jpn format and imported it into the Carvewright software. Worked great!!!

Ed
    you would be much better off to save your Photoshop stuff as .png for transfere to Designer. This format is much cleaner, .jpg becomes very trashy when zooming and stretching.

Default Letter Overlap

Whenever I want letters to overlap in designer, I always make several 1-letter files instead of one several-letter file. For example, for the word "Welcome" I make 7 1-letter text entries, then I can place them where I want them and use snap-to-grid for vertical alignment. It's a whole lot easier than using Photoshop.

Kelly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome.jpg  
    Last edited by Keenosan; 04-04-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12