Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vector cut gone haywire bug

Yes, reformatted two cards and put a different version of designer project and firmware on each as noted above.

If you uploaded the MPC more than once on the card with the same results then it not a compiling error. we seen this with fonts at times.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

the planets had to align to find a bug like this... not kidding.

You move the entire figure up a fraction of an inch and the problem vanishes

You can tell because of a change in the carve time. In my 2.005+ version, it carves in 4:52 when 'broken', but 3:45 when good
    Last edited by RMarkey; 04-03-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    I think this would be a compiling error, and in a program like Aspire you be able to see the tool paths that are wrong. However the Carvewright is fantastic at compiling even better than Aspire! Have you formatted the card and uploaded it more then once? I would delete the old one on that card re upload and try it on some scrap.
    Ummm...nope - certainly not better than Aspire. There is no comparison whatsoever. Don't have any idea how one would come to that conclusion!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post

You can tell because of a change in the carve time. In my 2.005+ version, it carves in 4:52 when 'broken', but 3:45 when good
    I spent most of my career in firmware test - we love to find rare bugs. Also not kidding. Except I don't like to find them by ruining my projects!

On looking closely, I see that my test project with the bigger bit is indeed shifted a fraction of an inch (I did a copy and paste). So it was that change, not the bit and offset change, that made the difference. OK, so I guess I can work around by shifting my project on the board slightly and checking upload times.

Thanks for looking into this. Waiting for 2.006 I guess.

Ummm...nope - certainly not better than Aspire. There is no comparison whatsoever. Don't have any idea how one would come to that conclusion!
    The carvewright compiles violins raster better... the Aspires tool paths are all over the place, BTW how would you know?
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 04-03-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post

I reported what I THINK might have been a similar problem or at least a predecessor to this, back in 2007. The Christmas Wreath project has a Bow that would not create a closed vector outline around it with whatever version of Designer I was using at the time. I discovered that if I applied a rotation of just 1 degree, then I could generate the vector without a problem. To this day, that bow in the project will show a rotation angle of 359 degrees instead of 0 (i.e., 1 degree off vertical). Apparently, that minor "shift" forced everything to behave!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

The carvewright compiles violins rasters better... the Aspires tool paths are all over the place messy at best, BTW how would you know?
    There is no way that the Aspire toolpaths would be messy if created properly. I know...I teach this stuff all over the country. Send me any file you wish and I will fix it for you. I just helped Tom Watson with a toolpath issue day before yesterday - simple stuff, if you know what you're doin'!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Right MT you know a lot but not everything my friend. I mastered Aspire in about a month.

...I mastered Aspire in about a month.
    I can tell. Say, smart alecky stuff aside, Jason Allen is coming to my home in July for one-on-one training for three or four days. I want to extend that invitation to you as well. I think I can really help you get a handle on toolpathing strategies that will be very helpful. Please let me know if you would like to come. The only block out dates I have for July are the 20th through the 26th. Jason I believe will try to come near the first part of the month. I can give you exact dates when known.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast