Thread: Up grading to a new computer

Question Up grading to a new computer

Hello
    What is the best way to move the CarveWright design, centerline text software and all the pattern files to a new computer

Thank you.

I'm sure there's a government pamphlet you can receive... just write to ...Pueblo Colorado... Sorry, I couldn't resist

Seriously though, I just did the same thing-- download the software from the carvewright site, call them up, and tell them what you are trying to do and they will transfer the code for your new computer so you can use it.

Hope this helps,
    Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_colo View Post
    Hello
    What is the best way to move the CarveWright design, centerline text software and all the pattern files to a new computer

Thank you.
    Jim,

Take a look at this post..

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpos...76&postcount=5

If you have any more questions let us know.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Thank you CW Support team

Thank You
    FWHarris- RingNeckBlues for the info. And a special thank to the CW support team for the e-mail info and for the government pamphlet (I did not receive) LOL

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Some new features in the CarveWright Designer Software call upon services that are installed in the Windows Operating System. If these services are not functioning correctly then the CarveWright Designer Software will flash the designer logo and not operate. The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) runs/maintains several background programs/services on a Windows computer and that may not be noticed if it is running improperly. Our Software engineers have done research to find a solution that repairs your operating system. Once the WMI is running properly then the CarveWright Designer Software should operate without error. You can use one of the following instructions to repair your WMI:

Commands to re-register WMI components:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt

(type each of the following lines on screen hitting enter after each.)

cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem

for %i in (*.dll) do RegSvr32 -s %i

for %i in (*.exe) do %i /RegServer

If the preceding does not rectify the problem then you may have to re-install the WMI files.

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt

(type each of the following lines on screen hitting enter after each.)

Insert Windows Operating CD

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection WBEM 132 %windir%\inf\wbemoc.inf

If the neither of the preceding steps resolve the issue, we suggest completely re-installing your Windows Operating System or consulting your local computer repair technician. We hope this information is clear and helpful. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

CarveWright/CompuCarve Support Team

(713) 473-6572
    Last edited by Jim_colo; 02-26-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Jim,

You are more than welcome for the help and glad it was able to get you set up.

Did you have to do the steps in the emial from support to get things fixed up?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Support E-mail fix

Yes the steps in the emial from support did get things fixed up.
    Now all I need to do is find my pattern list and copy it to the new PC. Any info on how to back up or move the patterns?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_colo View Post
    Yes the steps in the emial from support did get things fixed up.
    Now all I need to do is find my pattern list and copy it to the new PC. Any info on how to back up or move the patterns?

Jim
    If you are talking about your patterns (favorites) from the icon in designer, the file you are looking for is favorites.mpn. Found in your documents\carvewright folder.
    You should just be able to copy that to your new computer into the same location. Not sure if you will need to rename that file that is already on your new computer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright