Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Import tracing image question

Default Import tracing image question

Firstly I would like to thank everybody who was involved in the setup & running of the conference - I learned a lot, had a good time and met a lot of nice people to boot.

Now my problem - I am trying the import tracing image feature in the new 2D vector drawing software and I get this message - "the selected texture size exceeds your video cards capabilities". Does anyone know what texture size it is referring to? I have tried a number of photos & get the same message & I think my video card should be able to handle it.

Thanks - Doug

Quote Originally Posted by ntdiver View Post
    Firstly I would like to thank everybody who was involved in the setup & running of the conference - I learned a lot, had a good time and met a lot of nice people to boot.

Now my problem - I am trying the import tracing image feature in the new 2D vector drawing software and I get this message - "the selected texture size exceeds your video cards capabilities". Does anyone know what texture size it is referring to? I have tried a number of photos & get the same message & I think my video card should be able to handle it.

Thanks - Doug
    Hi Doug,

During testing I was using fairly sizable jpg imports - I never encountered that message. If you like, you can email me one of the photos you are having trouble with and I can try it on both my laptop and desktop to see if I get any errors.

Some other things to try...Do one thing at a time, so you can tell which makes a difference (or not).

- go to Edit/Preferences and select the General tab (probably already showing). Increase your rendering cache to a larger amount, say 256mb -try it, if no difference, try 512mb, 1024mb, etc.

- go to Edit/Preferences and select the 3D Graphics tab. See what your Hardware Accleration is set at. If it's ON, then try turning it OFF and/or vice versa. You can also try reducing the Perspective Level setting.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Michael - I tried all the suggestions & still no go. I could only take the rendering cache to 1000. I will email you one of the photos. Thanks again - Doug

I can't even find the option for import tracing image? I see a few new things but not that.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I can't even find the option for import tracing image? I see a few new things but not that.
    Same Place you import a Picture file, DXF and an STL.

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

There was a post from Connie which states that she is pretty sure the 2D suite tools ARE NOT available in DEMO mode. This would mean that any of us that have not paid for the 2D suite WILL NOT see the vector drawing tools or the image trace import. We can only see and use the 3D toolset..

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    There was a post from Connie which states that she is pretty sure the 2D suite tools ARE NOT available in DEMO mode. This would mean that any of us that have not paid for the 2D suite WILL NOT see the vector drawing tools or the image trace import. We can only see and use the 3D toolset..
    Correct. I will try to get some samples to show you how it works. It'll give me a chance to finally play with it, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

That would be pretty useful. I know there was a post that some tutorial are coming this week so that will probably appease all of us with so many questions... at least for about the length of time it takes to watch the tutorial

From what I've seen so far this looks to be the package all of us less "3D capable" users have been waiting for. A way to take our images and intuitively turn them into a pattern without needing expensive 3rd party alternatives which then need to be imported.

Ah, that stinks, but at least it explains it. Are there any plans to make it available in demo mode in the future?

What I'd really like it to do is be able to import a line drawing and carve similar to centerline (allowing for line width), but from what little I see this is not it. But I may still be interested depending on just what it can do.
    Last edited by brdad; 07-03-2012 at 10:41 AM.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

The size of the import tracing image is limited to your graphics card's capabilities. For it to effectively work, try the following:

1) make sure your hardware acceleration is set to AUTO or ON. In the menu, select edit->preferences->3d Graphics->Hardware Acceleration.

2) Reduce the size of the imported picture. A simple way to do this is to load it into PAINT, click the "resize" button or in the menu, use image->stretch/skew. Set your horiz & vert stretch to 50%, hit OK. Then select edit->select all and edit->copy. Go back to Import Trace and "paste from clipboard". Repeat until happy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast