Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back port (DB25)?

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    Lol. Ya'll are thinking too hard. Especially for a 5 cent port. It's really not that spectacular.
    Firmware Lord,

Thanks for the input. Any chance of future development of a Talking Module for the machine? Be the FIRST....

Then Shop Bot will be a Copying LHR's Talking Mod.... LOL....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default Tool Talker

Al,
    Mario is still making the Tool Talker, albeit slowly.
    He has several irons in the fire, and a money crunch. I sent him the $200.00 fee in advance and it took about 2 months to arrive.
    The Tool talker works fine, but it takes getting used to (I'm not as sharp as a blind person). It seems their ear and mind are sharper than the average joe! I got the unit as a test, and like to use it in an environment that I can not light well, or extend the cord in to the computer room which is away from the machine.

I've also wondered (not too hard as yet) about buying a 2nd read-out screen and extending that to the computer room (or elsewhere).
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Al,
    The next version of the Carvewright/Tooltalker will replace politicians. Should be easy to implement.

AskBud,
    I don't even have one anymore, so if you find a new feature that doesn't "talk" correctly, please tell me so I can fix it.

Bud I agree with you on the blind. One of my customers has a program called JAWS on his computer. It talks to him, and reads any screen, or book, he opens up. He understands it perfectly. I have to turn it off when working on his system. He tells me I am handicap since I use the mouse and monitor. I find the computer speaking to me confusing, and hard to keep up with what it is saying. I guess I get distracted by seeing the screen, and hand ear coordination is not the same as hand and eye.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Bud I agree with you on the blind. One of my customers has a program called JAWS on his computer. It talks to him, and reads any screen, or book, he opens up. He understands it perfectly. I have to turn it off when working on his system. He tells me I am handicap since I use the mouse and monitor. I find the computer speaking to me confusing, and hard to keep up with what it is saying. I guess I get distracted by seeing the screen, and hand ear coordination is not the same as hand and eye.
    I understand what you are saying!
    I assist two blind members, quite often, via the phone while accessing their screens. I mentally tune out the Jaws as we work. They can hear parts of what I do, but I'm getting better at not letting it bother me. I think I may be their prime helper. They contact me to evaluate and discribe patterns and MPCs, to be sure they are what they want. Needless to say, I also build many of their MPCs to their specs.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Al,
    The next version of the Carvewright/Tooltalker will replace politicians. Should be easy to implement.
    What is it going to do? Talk way too much and lie all the time?
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Bud,

I've also wondered (not too hard as yet) about buying a 2nd read-out screen and extending that to the computer room (or elsewhere)
    I too need/want to do this except I need the LCD *and* the keyboard to be detachable so I can mount it in a position where I can see it and use the keys.

Since I have to use a Sound Proof room to keep complaining neighbors off my back, my second machine fits in the room with the LCD/Keyboard too close to the door so that I have to open the door to read the screen and use the keyboard.

I thought about just removing the whole control panel and making a box for it. The ribbon cable would have to be extended but since I'm an Electronics nerd, that wouldn't be too difficult but I worry that it might introduce noise into the electronics. Guess I could try it and see how it goes.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by DocWheeler View Post
    I did not mean to imply that Alex was incorrect, just that they were not used for that purpose on either "fix" when returned to Texas for repair.
    That is because you do not have to calibrate the machine for every fix done to a part on the machine. If that was the case, there would be a lot of people who are fixing their machines themselves that would be dead in the water, so to speak.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Quote Originally Posted by gapdev View Post
    I thought about just removing the whole control panel and making a box for it. The ribbon cable would have to be extended but since I'm an Electronics nerd, that wouldn't be too difficult but I worry that it might introduce noise into the electronics. Guess I could try it and see how it goes.
    Don't complain when your project aborts because of a random double-stop keypad press.

Been there, done that.

Don't complain when your project aborts because of a random double-stop keypad press.

Been there, done that.
    Seen that as well... Its really frustrating and agitating.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast