Thread: lines in carving

Default lines in carving

I am having a strange problem in my carve. I have done 5 of these with perfect results. On the 6th carve the machine cut deeper lines across the carving in the middle of the carve but not at the start or finish. I cleaned the y axis bearings and rails. The bearings seem fine. I checked the y axis readings and there is some variance between extreme up and down position. It seems to change depending on how much pressure is put on the up and down stop when manipulating. Any thoughts, i do not have a z pack to replace and have 15 more of these to do.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disc carve.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	332.8 KB 
ID:	88978

i would be looking at the encoder for the z axis. The encoder can get filled with dust and the magnetic pick up misses pick up points and can cause this type damage to carve.

Seems like a Z issue , problem is depth and it carries all the way across the board (Y). Possible dust/ chips getting into the rollers for the Z? If your previous carves were OK then something either 'broke' or something is causing interference. Possible dirt has gotten into the Z encoder? Did a search and found a previous post on a similar problem you can check out.
    https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...=lines+carving
    Good luck.