Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y shaft pre order requests!!!

I'm maybe getting in on this a little late but if the Tim-shafts are still available I would like to get 3 - please.

MRcarvey, sure thing. I sent you a message with details.

GET while the GET'n is GOOD.... Since the "Y" gearbox is the highest fail item in the machine ahead of the FFC Cable and Dusty Board Sensors and Flex Shafts... NOW is the time to get while the get'n is GOOD.... Tim is making a Quality Replacement Part... Paying $90.00 plus $12.00 shipping is the alternate... And unless you are religious about changing the "Y" Bearings you will someday need to replace the "Y" Shaft.

Just my honest opinion...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I finally got around to ordering my bearings. I went with the 685 2RS bearings over the 685 ZZ bearing, since the Z suffix stands for dust shield. ZZ only means one on each side. The 2RS suffix stands for two rubber seals, which have the ability to hold even water out of the bearing. They normally cost a bit more. I purchased a large amount to get the price down a bit. If anyone needs or wants some of these bearings, I can offer them up for 75 cents each plus shipping. Shipping should a low as these are small bearings. I had them spec'ed out in the machine shop at work and they are up to spec 5mm id x 11mm od x 5mm wide

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    I finally got around to ordering my bearings. I went with the 685 2RS bearings over the 685 ZZ bearing, since the Z suffix stands for dust shield. ZZ only means one on each side. The 2RS suffix stands for two rubber seals, which have the ability to hold even water out of the bearing. They normally cost a bit more. I purchased a large amount to get the price down a bit. If anyone needs or wants some of these bearings, I can offer them up for 75 cents each plus shipping. Shipping should a low as these are small bearings. I had them spec'ed out in the machine shop at work and they are up to spec 5mm id x 11mm od x 5mm wide
    were did you get your bearing from please
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    I was thinking that since the new gear box with the larger bearing seems to also fail, the problem may be the grease. Maybe the grease gets broken down after 250 hours of the high pressure in the bearing. What if you took off the two inner seals and filled the space between the bearings with some really good grease. I wonder if the larger volume of grease would extend the bearing life.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I was thinking that since the new gear box with the larger bearing seems to also fail, the problem may be the grease. Maybe the grease gets broken down after 250 hours of the high pressure in the bearing. What if you took off the two inner seals and filled the space between the bearings with some really good grease. I wonder if the larger volume of grease would extend the bearing life.
    That is a very good ideal never thought of that , I will do this from now on with cintecric grease
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Dan, you could be on to something here. With the size of these bearings and the abuse they take, I could see the grease breaking down and being an issue. The bearing are from a RC dealer. These are used in many RC cars and other RC type vehicles.

Know this is an old post but wondered if Tim is still around and willing to provide these? I'm not on Facebook so don't know if he is posting there.

Quote Originally Posted by tackytim View Post
    I will be making replacement Y shafts so users can recondition their extra gear boxes if they choose. I would like to know a rough idea of how many people will want so I have enough material.

The cost will be $7 plus actual shipping costs. They are very small so I expect it to be reasonable.

If you are interested, please respond here or on the Facebook carvaholic group.

Thanks!

-Tim

Hello,

Yes I am around still. Thankfully I got an email notifying me of your post. I don't usually visit the forums too much anymore. You can always send me a message directly through the forum as well. I get an email that way also. Thanks for reaching out. I will send you a message now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12