Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with OSU logo

Default Help with OSU logo

We're working on getting a crafter's license for Oklahoma State University, and are having trouble getting Pistol Pete to come out clean. I have taken the official black and white logo, made it into a jpg through vector magic, downloaded as a pattern, and tried everything I can think of. I want it to run like centerline text, creating an outline that looks just like the vector. Some of the lines are thicker than others, and I've tried trimming edges, manually erasing thicker areas, etc. It still makes double lines and such. Ideally I would like it to be like an icon or text, where it would be clean, scale perfectly, etc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4546.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	80562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4545.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	80563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pete line.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	80566Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! The black mustache and hair can be outlines as well to keep it simple. I've tried taking out his face wrinkles just to make it cleaner. I just can't get one clean line. . .it wants to keep making two passes. . . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B AND W OFFICIAL PETE FACE JPG.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

In Corel I ran the contour edge effect of trace contour and then converted to vector graphic. I saved it as a dxf but I don't own the dxf add on but ran it in demo mode to see how it looks. There are a few gaps but since I don't use dxf files don't know if horrible.

Send me a pm with your email and I can email you the dxf if you want to play with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails osu_dxf.png  

Sshelle: do you have Designer Pro?

Oscar: you can post a .dxf

Will this help? I did a outline trace in Corel Draw and came up with this. Just delete the bit assignments for the line drawing.

EDIT: Looks like Oscar and I were working in it at the same time.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-12-2016 at 11:06 AM.
    Steve

Default I cleaned it up a little..

This looks much better...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5a77965a370db766879094c71da25c6c.jpg  
    CarveSpot - http://www.CarveSpot.com

Here it is as a vector group. After the import I had to remove a hundred or so vertices to get it to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pistol Pete.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-12-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Steve

Wow, guys! Thank you for your help! I will try messing with these soon and let you know how it goes! Thanks again!

I'm trying to download this image, and it says it was created with a newer version of software, yet my computer says I have the latest. . . version 1.187. . . but it won't let me open the file! Did I miss a step somewhere?

I just have the basic designer. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sshelle View Post
    We're working on getting a crafter's license for Oklahoma State University, and are having trouble getting Pistol Pete to come out clean. I have taken the official black and white logo, made it into a jpg through vector magic, downloaded as a pattern, and tried everything I can think of. I want it to run like centerline text, creating an outline that looks just like the vector. Some of the lines are thicker than others, and I've tried trimming edges, manually erasing thicker areas, etc. It still makes double lines and such. Ideally I would like it to be like an icon or text, where it would be clean, scale perfectly, etc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4546.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	80562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4545.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	80563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pete line.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	80566Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! The black mustache and hair can be outlines as well to keep it simple. I've tried taking out his face wrinkles just to make it cleaner. I just can't get one clean line. . .it wants to keep making two passes. . . . .
    When I use the Centerline function; I like to make the pattern in a Font. My Font Generator cost about $80.00 - You need to load the font in your computer to see the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pistol Pete  (P) Font image.PNG  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast