Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking advice on cleaning a scanned object

Default Seeking advice on cleaning a scanned object

Hello! First, I'm very new to this. I scanned this old conquistador on horse. The original wasn't the best looking and I've been trying to clean it up with the basic software. Does anyone have advice how to make this look a little better? The scan took a little over 15 hours...I did it on the highest settings using a sled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Conquistador .png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by msberg; 03-04-2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: zip file upload

No one else can play with it since it is a .ptn which is "owned" by you. If you export to image in the Pattern Editor and create a .png file (gray scale), we can give it a go.

I do not see much that needs to be clean up other than a few marks on his nose. Bergerud is right, If you want someone to work on it you need to either export the image of post the mpw file.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

4. Default

What a great first scan, when you are in pattern editor you can save it as an mpw then as stated earlier you can post the mpw here and anyone with pattern editor can help you.

Great job. The pattern looks great even with the few rough spots.

Sculptor would do a good job of smoothing out the rough spots. The smooth function in Sculptor is awesome. I will give it a try if he uploads a .png.

For some strange reason, I'm unable to upload the MPW file. I can see it on my computer, open it, edit it...but when it comes to uploading it here I get this message:

The following errors occurred:
    Conquistador.mpw: Invalid File

I'm using a MacBook Air...I'm I just doing something wrong?

Mike

Default Uploaded a PNG to the original post...

Bergerud -
    I uploaded a PNG version...had no luck uploading a MPW. I was thinking about getting Sculptor after I learned some of the basics...didn't know if it would be difficult to learn...so I've hesitated.

Mike

The .mpw is not an allowed file type to upload to the forum. I do not know why that is. You can, if you change the file extension to an allowed type, upload it. Then, however, the down-loader has to restore the extension. The .png is good, even more programs can use it.

Thanks! But, sadly, my new machine just had a breakdown . So, doesn't look like I'll be working on it for awhile...the flexshaft overheated. Have no idea why...I keep the machine safely away from everything...thank-goodness I was standing next to it and saw the smoke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast