Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The CarveWright Pattern Depot

Default Frame Elements - Adjustable Length

OK.
    I've reworked the MPC and my video.
    I machine tested the MPC to assure it works properly as well!
    The 61.2 MB AVI lesson link is:
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...e%20Length.zip

I increased the number of tabs and kept the process simple for the user to apply various lengths as needed. Watch the AVI lesson to make sure you understand the process, and avoid traps, and know how to get out of trouble.
    AskBud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frame Front - Photo (Large).JPG   Frame Rear - Photo (Medium).JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Need help to create patterns

I am new to this and not having much luck creating patterns from images. The patterns that I have created are not clean and do not carve well while patterns that I have seen others create seem quite clean and defined. Are they creating the patterns from .JPEGs or other formats? What software are they using to create the image? Are they using the Pattern Software? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zdkv04 View Post
    I am new to this and not having much luck creating patterns from images. The patterns that I have created are not clean and do not carve well while patterns that I have seen others create seem quite clean and defined. Are they creating the patterns from .JPEGs or other formats? What software are they using to create the image? Are they using the Pattern Software? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Most people prefer .PNG files as they import much cleaner than .jpeg or lower formats.

Check out some of the tips & tricks, and read up on the forum, lots of great info here!

Good luck,
    Craig

Default Clean up images

ZDKV04: Most folks use a Bitmap or PNG. A JPG or JPEG is too pixelated, and will carve pretty rough. I actuall use my Powerpoint to adjust lightness and contrast. If i really need to, I do clean up in Paint, sometimes CorelDraw.
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Default Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help. I will give it a try right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zdkv04 View Post

Thanks
    Photos can be one of the most difficult things to use. The key is to have a good quality "first generation" photo. Copies are many times have too much grain. Hair color can also be troublesome. If you do not know how to remedy the contrast between the face & hair, one or the other is going to be out of kilter.

If you begin with some basic research, you will find some good Tips and lessons at your disposal.

Start by going to my "Download" section, below.
    As you go down that list of AVI lessons, you will find many that will help you understand the concepts involved. It's not rocket science, just some common sense and trial & error.

To begin with, the AVI list has 3 on Importing, one on Pattern Editor, one on Removing Noise on personal patterns, and 2 on Using Photos.

The lower section contains a link to Adobe, where you will find 2 more AVI lessons (which I think will help you understand the concept very well), as well as many tutorials from Adobe. Next you find CarveWright Tutorials, the Tips & Tricks, and the Learning center, as well. On down you find items in the CarveBuddy Learning Center. Just down from that link you find a link titled "From Clip Art to Carving".

Sit back, grab an iced tea, and enjoy the ride!
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Default looking for the pattern file

I had a copy of the file with hundreds of patterns that some one gave a while back. I lost it with my computer troubles just the other day. could some send me another copy or the file name.

Thanks again

Myshop1044
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I ordered a patter from the stor a few weeks agao and havnt yet recieved it...does it come on a disk through the mailor is the pattern emailed????

Default CarveWright Pattern Store

Quote Originally Posted by bogwojny View Post
    I ordered a patter from the stor a few weeks agao and havnt yet recieved it...does it come on a disk through the mailor is the pattern emailed????
    If you are talking about Patterns from carveWright, the process is as follows.
    You may have "Tried" the pattern or just purchased it outright.
    You will recieve a confirming eMail from LHR giving you the download link to use ( if you have not placed it in your library be trying it first). There will also be a set of instructions that include the serial number to enter into your system.
    AskBud
    The instructions will look like this:
    Use the following instructions to activate your pattern/collections/projects:

1. Click the links included in this e-mail to download the pattern to your software. You may click

the "Save" button to choose where the pattern file (*.ptn) is saved on your computer or choose

the "Run" button to immediately open the CarveWright Designer Software. Go to step 3.

2. If the pattern file (*.ptn) was saved to another location on the computer, then double-clicking the pattern will activate the CarveWright Designer Software.

3. When the CarveWright Designer Software opens, the Import Image dialog box will appear.

4. If no changes are required, then click the "Finish" button.

5. The "Save Item" dialog box will appear, prompting where you would like to save the pattern in the software.

The default location is the "Favorites" folder on the Pattern Tool.

6. Click the "Save" button to confirm import, and you will be taken back to the CarveWright Designer Software.

7. Select "Manage Licenses" from the "Help" menu.

8. The "Your Licenses" dialog box will appear which will show all the feature/pattern licenses currently installed on the computer.

9. Click the "Activate Licenses" button to display the "Registration" dialog box

10. If you're connected to the internet, select the option to "License online now" and the "Next" button.

Go to Step 11. If you are not connected to the internet, select the "License at www.carvewright.com from

another computer" option and follow the directions on-screen. Go to Step 12.

11. Enter the serial number from the e-mail after the colon including the decimals in all caps

(ex: XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX) and the username/password for your customer account (not your store account)

if prompted.

12. The software will display a successful screen, if the process went through, or prompt for additional information if unsuccessful.
    --

Thank you for using

our shopping system.
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Have yet to recieve the email an dwas ordered on 7-30-2011