Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ER11 Adapter for the CT

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I had issues with getting the spanner wrench I have been corresponding with him, he said he mailed it and that was Sept. 2, I know that it takes time to get here so I'm still waiting.
    Pm me your address I have an extra I will send you

Got my 2 I ordered Fri they look good used one Sat and works great I already had 1 I bought with 6 collets a wrench and nice box from issacr had to cut it myself cost was $317 plus tax!

I just ordered 2. Estimated arrival is 30-Sep. Now if I wasn't so deep in another project I could get back to my CarveWright. Withdrawal is horrible.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Hopefully yours come in sooner than mine. I ordered one on August 8th and they arrived yesterday. He kept telling me they were shipped and then said he we going to send another but I only received one via wagon train I think??
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Average fas been 3-4 weeks, I think clearing US Customs may be be part of the delay.

Good move to get at least 2. I purchased a 3rd.
    Now who has links for 3/16 carving (ball nose) bits from a different source? The 3/16 cutting bit is not a problem to find.

I haven't got the spanner wrench yet, I got the collets and the spanner wrench wasn't sent with them I am still waiting on the wrench did a tracking on it and its in Chicago via ups I did use the 1/4 collet used a universal spanner wench didn't get the collet tight enough and it slipped out good thing I was close to it, it tore the rubber belt a little but it's still good...still waiting to get it I was one of the first ones to order the er-11.. I been waiting for about 6 or 7 weeks on getting the complete package but he has made good on his word. Tom China's a long ways from here still waiting for the wagon train to get here....
    Last edited by aokweld101; 09-22-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Hello I just walked in the middle of this movie, question about this ER11. Will it work with a Rock chuck?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    The CT chuck is nearly 1/2 inch higher than the other chucks. This extra space was what I used to slip the dust shoe between the chuck and the board. Well, I just found another use for the space: an ER11 adapter. I just made one out of an old ER11 spindle that I had laying around. It is very simple to make from a cheap Chinese ER11 collet extension (pictured in the background). The neat thing about it is that you clamp it onto a bit and then put it in the CT chuck. It is a variable size adapter. It will hold any size bit from 1/32 to 1/4. I have not had a chance to test it yet but I will this weekend on my friends C machine. I do not think it will run as true as a full ER spindle. But think of the possibilities!
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Quote Originally Posted by James RS View Post
    Hello I just walked in the middle of this movie, question about this ER11. Will it work with a Rock chuck?
    I do not have a Rock to test. I have used the ER11 adapters on an ER20 which was as low as the Rock. The only potential problem I can see is if you put a really short bit in it and carved a deep hole. If you really try, it is possible to drive the ER nut into the wood. (This cannot happen with the CT.)

So, I think that they would work just fine with the Rock.
    Last edited by bergerud; 09-22-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    Average fas been 3-4 weeks, I think clearing US Customs may be be part of the delay.

Good move to get at least 2. I purchased a 3rd.
    Now who has links for 3/16 carving (ball nose) bits from a different source? The 3/16 cutting bit is not a problem to find.
    Try this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3-16-Carbide-...item3f2167d231

Thanks Bergerud

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast