Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clear board sensor????

Default Clear board sensor????

Well, just got done with the carving, and when it came time to do the cutout, I keep getting an error that says clear board sensor. I tried brushing off the optical sensors, and no joy. I did notice that the little locating surface on the right side is not flipping out.

I tried blowing it out, and making sure it easily moves out and back in. It does not flip out anyway. Still same error.

Any ideas?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by djarboe View Post
    Well, just got done with the carving, and when it came time to do the cutout, I keep getting an error that says clear board sensor. I tried brushing off the optical sensors, and no joy. I did notice that the little locating surface on the right side is not flipping out.

I tried blowing it out, and making sure it easily moves out and back in. It does not flip out anyway. Still same error.

Any ideas?

Dave
    Spray the flip out with WD 40 that will help
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Sorry but I am confused. The board sensor should not even be used between the carving and the cutout. If the bit plate did not flip out, it should have asked to reload bit.

Anyway, the bit plate needs to flip out. Check the cut motor wires in the top right back corner of the cover. Sometimes the z motor hits the wires and the bit plate does not flip out. You should be able to get the bit plate to pop out by moving the carriage by hand (machine off).

How wide is your board?

Only 5 inches, plus the rails.

Maybe you could explain the situation in more detail. The board sensor stuff in the middle of a project makes no sense to me.

It happened to me before I installed a dust collector and while using poplar and the board sensor was actually
    stuffed with sawdust!

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Maybe you could explain the situation in more detail. The board sensor stuff in the middle of a project makes no sense to me.
    Here's what happened. It finished the carving and asked for the cutting bit. After I put it in, the machine was homing, and when it went over to the little arm that flips out. The arm did not flip out, and that is when it told me to check board sensor.

I can flip out the swinging arm just fine, and its spring pulls it back in, as always.

Sorry to be so ignorant, but what/where is the board sensor???

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by djarboe View Post
    Here's what happened. It finished the carving and asked for the cutting bit. After I put it in, the machine was homing, and when it went over to the little arm that flips out. The arm did not flip out, and that is when it told me to check board sensor.

I can flip out the swinging arm just fine, and its spring pulls it back in, as always.

Sorry to be so ignorant, but what/where is the board sensor???

Dave
    underneath the Z truck board sensor
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

OK, where is the Z truck sensor?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast