Thread: Clear Board Sensor

Default Clear Board Sensor

Hi All
    I was going to carve Joe's Red Christmas Truck this afternoon and I got the dreaded Clear Board Sensor. I removed the sensor it did have a little dust under the clear cover so I carefully cut the edges of the cover and removed it. But after reinstalling the sensor I still get the same message.
    Any suggestions what to do next?

First do a a board sensor reading check to see what numbers you get.. 0 7 on the key pad and arrow down to sensor checks, enter, arrow down to board sensor.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks Floyd I'll check it in the morning.
    The grandson is having a sleepover tonight.

Board Sensor 0

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverfoot View Post
    Board Sensor 0

Is the reading constant over all of the board as you move the truck? Look to see if the FFC flat ribbon cable has a crack/break. Most common area is right at the black support bracket in the back of the machine.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes, the reading was constant. I looked at the FCC cable and didn't see anything, I watched the you tube video on trouble shooting board sensors and noticed that when I took out my board sensor the entire connector came off all that was on the sensor were some pins bent at 90 degrees. What I mean is the male end with the wires connected to it and the piece that plugs into came off the sensor . I thought that's the way it was supposed to happen. Taking it apart again I found that the female end of the connection wasn't completely seated into the pins. I pushed it in place, reinstalled and it passes the board sensor test with flying colors. Whew!
    Thanks Floyd for taking the time to address this with me. Appreciate it.

Good JOB !!!! Everyone.....

For the future, since every board is a different color... Use a piece of white copy paper on the board and crank the head down and measure the Board Sensor. A 156 is perfect a 90 is a dirty window.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Great job in tracking down the problem.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright