Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worn adapter, carving bits and piercing problem.

1. Default

Long, long ago, in a land far, far away, some carvewrights and compucarves came brand new with faulty QCs. The vibration caused broken wires and sensors and unhappy users. Some QCs have been working great for 5 years, like mine. I have a 2007 "A" model with a QC that still works great, but many didn't. So no it isn't unusual to find an A model with little time and a bad QC. It may have been that way from the factory. The best thing you can do at this point is to replace it with the new carvetight or rock chuck and most of the machine problems go away. Good luck

And just so you don't feel bad... I paid $900 for my used reconditioned A.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Do not use any QC's on the CW machines upgrade ASAP.

If changing the QC is your choice, you can buy the tool your looking for on the carve right site or better yet, the rock chuck site has one there, less for shipping.

Here is the link

http://www.cw-parts.com/page3.html
    Last edited by chief2007; 11-17-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Be careful which QC your buying ,if that's the way your going. There not all the same . Some are made for hand held routers and will not fit the CW.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Thanks Dan... the one I got was from a guy selling other CW stuff; actually got a couple carving bits from him too so hopefully it's the right stuff. Soon as I get the money I will probably get a Rock Chuck, looks pretty cool. Thanks everyone for thier input.

7. Default

Wouldn't you know it. After bragging about my QC still working after 5 years... It blew up today. I have orders coming out of my ears and down to one machine! I have a spare qc that I will install to get through this rush then I'm gonna order a Carvetight. I have been wanting to do that for quite a while, just couldn't justify it while everything was working well.

OUCH.... Glad you have lots and lots of orders.... I am still cleaning up from Sandy... More just taking advantage of the Good Weather to clean up outside then in my shops... I am out of ink for Fire Tags and it will be at least a week until it shows up...

IF you buy the tools from RON as in the Rock Chuck..... I recommend buying a few extra square drive bits.... I broke all 4 on one QC once trying to get it off.... RED Locktite... Finally Gave UP... The Square Drive Bits were PERFECT.... I just did not heat the QC well enough... Did it with a tourch... Later I learned to shove a Soldering Iron up into the QC and get the heat to loosen the RED Locktite....

Ron's Wrenches are nice and heavy too....

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

9. Default

Al, if there wasn't an entire country between your house and mine I would come over and help you clean up and get back to business. Hang in there my friend. If I can help in some way just let me know.

Now I feel bad for being so happy today while other folks are still having problems. I think I'll have a couple of glasses of wine now, geez, maybe I'll just drink it straight out of the box! LOL
    Last edited by TerryT; 11-18-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    OUCH.... Glad you have lots and lots of orders.... I am still cleaning up from Sandy... More just taking advantage of the Good Weather to clean up outside then in my shops... I am out of ink for Fire Tags and it will be at least a week until it shows up...

IF you buy the tools from RON as in the Rock Chuck..... I recommend buying a few extra square drive bits.... I broke all 4 on one QC once trying to get it off.... RED Locktite... Finally Gave UP... The Square Drive Bits were PERFECT.... I just did not heat the QC well enough... Did it with a tourch... Later I learned to shove a Soldering Iron up into the QC and get the heat to loosen the RED Locktite....

Ron's Wrenches are nice and heavy too....

Good Luck,

AL
    I used a 1/2 rod about 3 " long and heat the rod till it look red and shove it inside the QC for about 30 sec the try it on the rock chuck web site tell how to take it apart
    go here http://www.carvespot.com/forum/read.php?3,440
    Henry
    Last edited by henry1; 11-18-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast