Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble merging region and deep scan

Default Trouble merging region and deep scan

I am trying to add a scanned object that is 1.2" deep to a carved regoin that is only 0.8" deep. It looks good on screen, but the software will not let me upload the project. It tells me one object is too deep to carve.

I have tried merging, and clipping, and grouping but I can't find anything to let me load the project.

What am I missing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GEROIMO.jpg  

Question Depth

I have the same problem with a scan. It will not let me adjust the depth from 1.019 to 0.750. It always defaults back to origninal scan depth. Version 1.152
    Eva

I have adjusted the depth, but that also squashes down the scan, not truncate it, if you will.

I want to carve exactly what I see on the screen as in the attachment.

Default Can't do

It will not let you do deeper than 0.750 unless you go back to version 1.122 it did go to 0.800 but you are pushing the machine. What if you take off the carve region?

Increase the height to 999 to compensate for the .75" depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe SA View Post
    It will not let you do deeper than 0.750 unless you go back to version 1.122 it did go to 0.800 but you are pushing the machine. What if you take off the carve region?
    I'm using v1.150. The max depth that it allows is 0.8.

But I don't WANT to carve deper than that. I have a region with a depth of 0.8" with my deeper scan poking up through it. What shows on the screen has nothing deeper than 0.8, but it won't let me upload. See the attachment in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe SA View Post
    If the carve region is remoed, then the full 1.2" depth is shown on screen. I know that can't work, so I am just trying to carve out the top 0.8".
    Seems like this should be pretty standard. And if it looks good on screen that it should carve what you see. WYSIWYG. No?

Default go back to the

patern editor and lower or raise it. i think if i understand you right your wanting to take off some of the bottom of the pattern. if pe is the way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMCOSBY View Post
    patern editor and lower or raise it. i think if i understand you right your wanting to take off some of the bottom of the pattern. if pe is the way to do it.
    Yes, that is it.

If I raise the pattern, the software will squish it down to fit the surface of the board.

When I select the pattern, it places it on the board, and shows it at full depth of 1.2". I assumed that adding a carve region to it, or adding the pattern to a carve region, would allow me to carve just what I see on screen, the carve region and hte portion of the scanned apttern that is poking up above it, but that is not working.

I have seen something like this in the tutorial videos. Maybe I have to add a surface?

Just seems like this would be a standard question with an easy answer. But maybe I am just so unfamiliar with the software I don't see the obvious.

Default send the mpw or png

and i will see what i can figure out. i still think you got to go back to the original mpw and take some off of the back to get it to 3/4".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast