Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nasty "Clear Board Sensor" error!

FWIW, I've had the same problems. The least frustrating thing to do is order one of the new sealed board sensors so that you can avoid taking the existing one apart time and time again.
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
    Thomas A. Edison

2. Default Board Sensor screws

I'm in the process of replacing the board due to melting and deforming it's plastic case while heating the spindle to get the QC off for replacement. (a teaching moment: protect the belts and board sensor while overheating the qc and spindle in your frustration to break the loctight bind)

In any case, my question: should I use loctighte on the board sensor screws? If not, what keeps them from falling out due to vibration?

thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by traumfanger View Post
    I'm in the process of replacing the board due to melting and deforming it's plastic case while heating the spindle to get the QC off for replacement. (a teaching moment: protect the belts and board sensor while overheating the qc and spindle in your frustration to break the loctight bind)

In any case, my question: should I use loctighte on the board sensor screws? If not, what keeps them from falling out due to vibration?

thanks much
    I don't think that's necessary - at least I have never had any of those screws come out or loosen up, nor have I heard of anyone else having that problem.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I sure as heck would not put locktite on them. There hard enough to get out!!
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12