Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reconditioned machines from Craftsman

Default Reconditioned machines from Craftsman

I noticed that Craftsman is offering reconditioned systems for $999.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0148000P?mv=rr
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    67.34% of all statistics are made up.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Wink Giving Them Away!

I saw that advertisement, 0% financing / free shipping / 6 month warranty. I'm in process preparing budget amendment for my CFO (wife), Beginning with:

"HONEY, THEIR GIVING EM AWAY"
    GREG

Работа по поддержке мое хобби!

Default sears

from webb page,it looks like they have new ones in stock again also

That is a pretty good deal.... That cuts the price of the used machines to below $999.00 without a warranty..... This would be a better deal. A used machine gets no warranty from LHR.

I would buy one..... When I am ready for #4 it will be off to Sears....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I don't think this is eligible for the free shipping because this is definitely not mailable. You get a 6 month warranty with these. Sorta shoots down my deal, but hey, I'd definitely buy one if I wanted another one.
    Ernie ..... running 1.162 and the Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    I don't think this is eligible for the free shipping because this is definitely not mailable. You get a 6 month warranty with these. Sorta shoots down my deal, but hey, I'd definitely buy one if I wanted another one.
    When added to the cart it shows free standard shipping.

But have you noticed the price for a new machine $1999.99! More then anyone else!

Ike

Hello All,

Been lurking around here reading up for a couple of weeks. I ordered the recondition CompuCarve from Sears on Dec. 2 and it arrived on Dec. 9. The price was $1,199 and after the discounts were applied along with free shipping, it cost a total of $1,066.

Played with a couple of test patterns. But I looking forward to this weekend to when I can dedicate a full day to learning the machine. Any advice is much appreciated.

Glad to be part of this community.

Happy Holidays to all!!

9. Default

That is a great deal on the reconditioned machine. That would make a good secondary machine since i know my way around the first one after a year of experience. I wonder if they have them in the store and will let you look them over before buying. If it says free shippping it should be free shipping. I was unloading a package from Ups the other day and noticed a Carvewright box on the truck. Probably the woodworker neighbor down the street that was admiring mine a while back..haha..
    Last edited by twinpeaksenterprises, LLC; 12-12-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

Welcome Vbrabble. Read everything you can find here on lubing the machine. Lube the flex shaft with Cranes Cam Lube with Moly, Clean and lube after evey use - not the flex shaft though. Oh and come here with any questions or issues.

Quote Originally Posted by vbrabble View Post
    Hello All,

Been lurking around here reading up for a couple of weeks. I ordered the recondition CompuCarve from Sears on Dec. 2 and it arrived on Dec. 9. The price was $1,199 and after the discounts were applied along with free shipping, it cost a total of $1,066.

Played with a couple of test patterns. But I looking forward to this weekend to when I can dedicate a full day to learning the machine. Any advice is much appreciated.

Glad to be part of this community.

Happy Holidays to all!!
    John

If you don't like cussing you'll want to stay out of my shop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast