Thread: Box help

Default Box help

Hi everyone:

Need some3 help with a projet. Trying to make a small box to store some optical lenses and Im getting hung up on how to do the bottom. Im sure its the way Im approaching this so please bear with me. Im using a board 10 wide by 10 long. I place a rectangle over the whole board and set a carve region .25 deep. I then place a smaller rectangle 9 by 9 over this and set the carve region depth to 0. This has the desired effect of producing a groove around the cir4cumference at .25 deep. Good so far. Now I want to place a circle within the zero depth rectangle and make a carve region .375 deep. No matter what I do I cant get this feature to show up. What am I doing wong? Any ideas would be appreciated.

The smaller rectangle you put in the middle you set to 0 which will negate the circle you put in the middle of that.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

Smile Like this Starman

I hate to disagree with our seniors, they have helped me immensely in the past, but the new make pattern is a wonderful thing. Is this what you were looking for?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default How about this

Did it just the way you were, just manipulate the merge.

sw
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It's all about the XYZ baby!

Another option is to set "Subtractive Merge" for both the larger square and the smaller square. Then add the circle carve region as normal.

Rob

Smile Many thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied...... All the methods worked fine. Really appreciate it, and hope I can return the favor sometime!!