Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sears 5 year Warranty

11 weeks and it's finally back from Sears. The box is beat up bad. New flexshaft, new belts, new cut motor, new sensor. They didn't replace the Z-truck, the bearings were making noise. Flexshaft and spring laying in bottom of box covered in dirt, cleaned and lubed that...waiting for it to dry.Oh, almost forgot, they sent along a carving in red oak, I guess that means they want me to believe they tested the machine. Will try a couple of carves in the morning. I can only hope, fingers crossed.
    Gunner
    Brotherhood Of Old Bikers
    version 1.153

Talking sears repair

Got mine back Friday from sears,have done 2 carvingsand all seems well,they did not clean out any of the grease they loaded the machine with,so i guess i'll take a couple of months and get out as much as i can,other than that and the fact i had been without it since March 22nd,all seems to be working fine(knock wood)

Default More of the same

I haven't updated this post since May because I was out of town for a couple of weeks and I wasn't able to pursue the issues.

I sent my machine back in to Sears on 6/5 and they were to have given it priority treatment because of them failing to fix the reported problems. On 6/19 I got a status message from Sears that it was on the line awaiting a technician to look at it. On 6/21 (Saturday morning) my status was changed to "in transit to drop off point". I didn't check the system on Friday, but I'm assuming that's when the status changed. Some priority service! Awaiting machine's arrival and test. More when I know more......... have Sears' CEO's name, address and email. Guess who is going to get a letter? This has been ongoing since March 25th.

Ernie
    Last edited by Semper Fi; 06-23-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: one date wrong
    Ernie ..... running 1.162 and the Rock

I feel for you, i,d rather have to go to the dentist than send my machine back to sears,but so far mine is still working

Angry #2 on worst managed companies

This helps to understand some of the problems experienced with Sears 5 year warranty.

2. Sears Holdings. Moody's summed up the problems at Sears better than anything we have read. The ratings agency said "a fair amount of Sears' operating difficulties remain self-inflicted, in particular on the softlines side." The company's chance at offering low pricing and high quality merchandise were lost fairly soon after Eddie Lampert put Sears and K-Mart together. He and his management were never able to challenge the Wal-Mart and Target models of "everyday low pricing". Much of the company's cash was used for share buy-backs. The recent replacement of the SHLD CEO is merely window dressing. The company has been unable to explain how it plans to dig itself out of this hole. The stock is down over 55% over the last 12 months.
    Jerry

Joanne and me enjoying a beautiful fall in Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills.

Default Dust Bag Under Warranty by Sears and not LHR

I have had my Compucarve for 2 months. The dust collector blew a hole in the fabric. I probably have 25 hours on the machine. I called LHR and was told that this was not covered under warranty. They gave me some terminology (Wearable Part) and added that the flex Shaft is also not covered. I went to Sears and showed them the collector, at first they did not have a clue as to if it was covered. I had to go home and call them back with the Sears Part #. I at that time looked up the Master Protection Plan which I bought 5yr. It states that EVERYTHING is covered for the first 3 years and 10% off wearable parts after that. This was Sat. on Tuesday I got a call that the part was ordered and today I recieved an email from LHR that Sears had ordered and PAID for a Dust Collector and was being shipped to me.

Thanks Sears !!!

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    OK, I know that the purists will instantly say "Go to LHR for all repair". However, I purchased from Sear's and got the Extended Warranty as well.
    My unit came back from Garland TX yesterday (5/2/200. I set it up and ran two projects totaling 6 hours. My third project (2 Hours) failed at about 25%. The display went blank and restarts gave various errors.

It gave Truck Failure(s), and 236/246 Error(s).

I have followed all the helps and have found the following problems, and possibilities:

1) The Ribbon that connects to the Truck is loose and loses connection. (There seems to be no “keeper” for this ribbon).
    2) The Electronic display has gone blank, or does not activate. (It went blank on the first failure, and has wavered on various trouble-shooting tests).
    3) I have re-programmed the Memory Card, just to make sure it had not gotten corrupted by the failure’s (This has not helped).

I just returned it to Sear's (to be repaired at Garland TX, again). My aim is to hold Sear's accountable for the repair, as they need to get their ducks-in-a-row before all these 3 & 5 year plans come into effect. Again, Yes I Know "LHR is best" however, the potential cost savings on the 5 year plan seems to prompt me to continue holding their feet to the fire.
    AskBud

Update 6/24/2008
    Well the unit was returned to me the evening of 6/23/2008. I tested it 6/24/2008 (just finished a 2 hour carving at 10pm) no visible problems.

The invoice shows these parts replaced this time around:
    37; 110; 104; 128; 44 - at no cost to me (other than time). The parts ran to $503.63 and Labor was $139.00 All covered by warranties.
    AskBud
    Update 6/25/2008
    I'm on my 2nd day and 2nd carve since the return from Sear's Garland. So far, so good.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Going back to Texas.............AGAIN! 6/28/08

Got my machine back yesterday and they replaced the flex shaft again, as well as the cut motor. That would have been fine, except they replaced the flex shaft the last trip and it probably had 2 minutes on it since then, because they failed to fix the problem that was reported and it failed on the start of the first test carve. As for the cut motor, that was nice of them, but the reported problem was a Z axis stall, error 236. The machine steadily gained altitude until it wasn't cutting on the wood at all and when it was finished and tried to go up to home position, it ran out of truck and gave the error. It obviously thought it was still down in the wood when it finished the "ghost" carve. I have sent the mpc of the test carve, the piece of wood that failed when I carved it and a detailed letter describing the error and how to recreate it. If it comes back this time and fails again, I'm going to go for a new machine. Although the contract does state they have the option of refunding my money for the contract. They have had my machine except for the time it took me to test it, since March.
    Last edited by Semper Fi; 06-28-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    Ernie ..... running 1.162 and the Rock

Default 2 Machines replaced --

Well sears replaced my two machines after much todo ---

Got one out of the box brand new --

Second one however, had some issues - checked the clock when I got it -- said it had 20 minutes on it -- as did the first - got a pattern going and the Y Axis failed -- call LHR, and read of the serial number -- it was a gen. 1 machine and was registered to someone else- I explained what was going on and they helped me out -- interesting -- well we got the Y axis problem solved, then the power supply died -- So called Sears customer service - again - and expressed my disappointment of getting a used, broken machine -- they told me to take it back to the store, not the service center -- I did -- without out blinking they refunded my money -- for the past 4 months waiting for my repairs/ replacement they refused to consider a refund-- all of a sudden now- here's your money back, no muss no fuss -- Interesting --

Think I'm going to try and get along with one for a while --

Greg

For what it is worth, I was told the other day the bottom fell out of Sears and CW negociations. Looks like Ace may have gotten the contract and Sears lost out. The Sears manager here had me come in about a month or two ago to talk with him. He wanted me to make a litho and sign for them to display with the machine once things got settled. Said for now, there isn't any interest in them as it looks like the CC isn't going to be sold by them anymore.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast