Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CraftsMan Club

Default Rental --

Contract just says it will pay for the rental of covered item --

Lady I talked to on the phone just said "reasonable" amount.

Greg

2. Default Mailing...

If Sears pays to ship them back and forth then that sounds like something I might be able to work out. Paying $100 a week rental might encourage them to work faster at fixing them.

Default Rental -

I'd say more in the range of $25 - $30 a day would be more fair -- These gizmos require a whole lot of TLC -- What do you think ?

Greg

Default Who needs a rental?

I would like to get an idea of those people that would be in need of a rental machine currently. I am putting some numbers together to determine feasibility.

I would also like to hear from those people with more than 200hrs on their machine, as to what is their total repair costs and machine hours. I understand this will be a low figure compared to a machine put into a rental environment, but will establish a baseline to work from.

Thanks,
    Rob

Default Sears

Certainly understand and can appreciate everyones comments on Sears. It definitely is NOT our parents store anymore. Unfortunately customer service in just about everything I've seen since being back in the states has gone totally down hill. It's more like customer disservice!

I'm not sure when I'll be getting my machine but at least now I know that there are good all American folks out there who are ready willing and able to help out the new guy!

Thanks again everyone!

I for one would not be a happy camper if sears kept my machine for several weeks.
    I would encourage anyone in this situation to look into renting a machine if you need it.
    Sounds like another item for Little Red Woodshop to offer.

later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Default What a mess

Called the number on the Service Agreement to see what I would need to do to get a rental paid for --

According to the rep. they cannot authorize a rental because SEARS is not waiting on any parts to fix my machine -- if they had parts on order it would be OK -- but since there are not parts on order they can't -- So they told me to call the retail store --- round and round and round we go ---

Although I did get to new phone numbers to call

Customer Resolution -- Wendy at 402-334-3790

Bruce Johnson --in Hoffman Estates Ill. -- (847) 286-2500 -- this is the national corporate office
    Last edited by gsrice; 05-22-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567