Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I made a new adjustable sled

Default but he was saying

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    If the sled is the same width as the project board (and less than 14" wide), then the cutting bit will lower itself into the "u" shape of the slding plate.
    he could use a board less than the width of the sled ...like a 10" or 4". in that case it would go 4" over and try to go down to find the ushaped slot and hit the sled and didn't want him to get into trouble with the machine trying to go thru the sled to get to the u shaped slot in the sliding plate. probably just give you an axis error.

Doesn't the machine only do that check (inside the u shaped slot next to the slider plate) if you have a cut path in the design?
    I would think as long as you do not have a cut path you could use a board that is not as wide as the sled (carrier board) and it will work fine?
    Lin

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Doesn't the machine only do that check (inside the u shaped slot next to the slider plate) if you have a cut path in the design?
    I would think as long as you do not have a cut path you could use a board that is not as wide as the sled (carrier board) and it will work fine?
    Lin
    Lin, you are correct.

Default i knew it

was something that caused it to do it but just had crs disease.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123