Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something New

Default Arrrrrrrrr

Maybe Not But ..
    One of the many entertainment Centers , Desk , Cabnets Etc You See On The Side of the road for "FREE" Made Of, Glue On Laminant , Stick on Vynil Etc. Carved, Edged, Then Painted White Letters, Wiped off .. Looks Pretty Good What ever it Is !!!!

Or Maybe Some Kind Of Wood Flooring Stuff ???

"Come On Give us Another Hint" Strofoam with contact Paper ...
    Last edited by Dave-Carve; 03-26-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    If A Picture is worth 1000 words
    "A MPC is worth a 1,000,000 Questions"
    Dave

2. Default

Extruded PVC with a wood veneer? Not sure but guessing cause of the white letters.... Either way looks great! Keep up the good work, you are always providing inspiration.
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

3. Default Ken Got It

He hit it right on the head. Contact paper (shelf paper) over white PVC.

Now imagine the implications: There is no clean-up, carves great and comes out the machine ready to go (DONE) no painting.

And Contact paper comes in like 8 millions colors and styles.

Now think about this: I really get tired of sanding my pieces after I paint the letters in (this is how this all started) so I stuck a piece of contact paper to the WOOD that I was cutting. Ran the piece thru the CC/CW, painted the letters in, blew it dry with my wifes blow dryer, pulled the contact paper off (which was now stuck pretty good after going under the rollers) and there you go, NICE STRAIGHT PAINT LINES WITH NO SANDING.

Look for paper that is on sale, doesn't matter what color it is, you're just using it as masking tape and it is about a 10th of the cost of masking tape.

Kjdnd jenfkis shuemrr OOOPS let me remove my foot from my mouth once again. Very very cool idea Jason. Its cheap, comes in a nice width, lenth and bet it sticks really nice. I have a ton of it here just I now know what to do with it. Great thinking and should help most of us out.

That's a great idea, Jason, and it looks great too. I'm still trying to figure where the heck to look for extruded PVC at Home depot or Lowes. What section may it be in?
    Thanks
    ken

www.usplastic.com is a good source for any plastic products you may want or need... look in the sheet/rod section...

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Quote Originally Posted by rjustice View Post
    www.usplastic.com is a good source for any plastic products you may want or need... look in the sheet/rod section...

Ron
    Thanks Ron. They have real fair shipping rates too.
    ken

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedWoodshop View Post
    He hit it right on the head. Contact paper (shelf paper) over white PVC.
    I saw on another CNC forum where they use "Paint Mask" I believe you can get it from AutoBody places. I was going to try it one day.
    Thanks for trying first.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

9. Default

went to the usplastic website. should i be looking at the high-impact styrene sheets? or something else? and what about lithos. what do they sell for those?

thanks

Default Good Idea

Great idea! Not a very good painter and masking tape lines are never straight for me anyway. Thanks again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast