Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat & Dog patterns

Default Cat & Dog patterns

Anyone with a separate bust of a cat's head and a dog's head willing to share?

Thanks,

Steve
    Last edited by sweliver; 02-18-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Seems my last couple of posts are in limboland.

sw

Default ther some dog heads

i've seen in the post lately try a search of the gallery maybe.

Steve I have been looking for a cat for some time now and I have been thru the PSD and there were none to be found. I know the carvewrigth store has some for sale. And I think Mike Tylers Carvebuddy offers a dog.
    Good luck I am looking for a playful cat still but haven't looked real hard yet project is still a ways off to cold to work on it.
    Where is the "Any Key" key located on the keypad
    Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by oldjoe View Post
    Steve I have been looking for a cat for some time now and I have been thru the PSD and there were none to be found. I know the carvewrigth store has some for sale. And I think Mike Tylers Carvebuddy offers a dog.
    Good luck I am looking for a playful cat still but haven't looked real hard yet project is still a ways off to cold to work on it.
    I'm looking for one of each that will look "correct" projecting out from a sign or plaque similar to the eagle on the NRA tutorial. If I don't find something I'll start looking through photos of my dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMCOSBY View Post
    i've seen in the post lately try a search of the gallery maybe.
    I've searched most of the galleries, nothing seems to match the "current" idea. I may have to readjust.

Thanks

Steve

Default Custom patterns

Just my suggestion: Google search the web for "dog clip art" and/or "cat clip art", and also search Google images. If you find some free clip art files that you like, have them converted to 3D carving files at go3d. Send the files to HT at go3d.us and ask for a quote. He does incredible work to convert 2D files to 3D artwork and at a very reasonable price. And, you'll have the 3D files to use in the future. I have contracted with HT on several client projects and his work is flawless. Good luck!

I have been trying and I found some cats that I liked in a clip art gallery but now I found a new dilema when I down loaded them none of my current programs would open them they were a "WMF" file or something like that. So what do I need to open them up. Technology needs to slow down so us slow people can catch up
    But since I am on the subject this is one for the graphic experts what is the best to file type to use I know jpeg do not work well but what about gif, tif, or bmp. if you have to enlarge the picture to get the results you need which will work the best? I have done some in the past with some luck but now I really have to stretch out the pic to the max of our machines for my current project.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Where is the "Any Key" key located on the keypad
    Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.

8. Smile Don't know if these will help but here they are

These patterns have be uploaded by others on this or other sites. They are not my work as I have no talent. I hope they help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Cat's

Here are a few cats.

Andes
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Formats

Quote Originally Posted by oldjoe View Post
    I have been trying and I found some cats that I liked in a clip art gallery but now I found a new dilema when I down loaded them none of my current programs would open them they were a "WMF" file or something like that. So what do I need to open them up. Technology needs to slow down so us slow people can catch up
    But since I am on the subject this is one for the graphic experts what is the best to file type to use I know jpeg do not work well but what about gif, tif, or bmp. if you have to enlarge the picture to get the results you need which will work the best? I have done some in the past with some luck but now I really have to stretch out the pic to the max of our machines for my current project.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Hi oldjoe,

WMF (or Windows Meta File) Should be handled by just about any graphics program out there today. What are you using? The best format to use for the CW is PNG (Portable Network Graphics) Because it use "lossless compression" (doesn't add any "noise" when saved). An easy way to check if your program does is, open any picture, go to file save as and click the file type drop down. If WMF is listed as one of the choices, then your program should handle it. If your program DOES but it won't open, you may have a corrupted picture file.

BMP (Windows or OS/2 Bitmaps) and GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) as well as TIF (Tagged Image File Format) All use compression routines That add noise (speckles) to your image. The same as JPG.

Post the image or better yet, PM me and send it via email and I'll be happy to convert it to PNG for you. Also, If you like I'll work with it and try to make a nice carving pattern for you.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisAlb; 02-20-2008 at 10:33 AM.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast