Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Stupid It Hurts!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Yep, me too. But only once, I swear!!
    Yeah right... and I can quit the CarveWright at any time.....
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

I just want to thank all of you for the giggles...I have not done it yet..maybe cause I"m a leftie and already a bit backwards....lol
    But now if I do make that error..I will not feel bad....
    Lin

Well here is where I come in and play Bill Engval " here's your sign " and my other favorite of his is " you cant fix stupid " sorry i just couldnt resist and i am sure if i ever get back to playing with mine now that my body is about back to 90% from surgery I will be saying heres yaa sign to me. matter a fact think my next to door hanger signs for the shop will be heres your sign and you cant fix stupid
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Default Bits.....

Speaking of BITS..... I walked in the shop one cold morning and look in the machine and the V90 was sitting on the sand paper belts..... I had cut a bunch of signs the night before and when the bit cooled it shrunk enough to just drop out of the bit holder..... Was a bear getting the empty bit holder out of the QC.....

Hi,

My name is AL and it has been 94 days since I BBI......

HELLO AL......

Default lviele

so what am I doing wrong, seeing you know all about bits thought you might help. carved out seveal patterns with no problem. I then tried to put a1/8" wide by 1/4" deep slot around a pattern. Installed the bit just as i did with the carving bit checked on the bit to be sure it was in solid. when the bit started to cut the adapter came out and the bit broke.will I obvioysly did something wrong so I ordered another 1/8 bit, it did the same thing.What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to tell if the adpter is in right?

lviele

It happen to me too a couple of months ago.

Get a mirror and look into the chuck for dirt/chips. Especially look for accumulation of stuff where the adapter setscrews engage. Pick out the dirt or use a an old tooth brush to clean the slots.

Check for any broken edges of the metal taper.

Make sure the outer sleeve lifts and snaps down freely. A couple of drops of 3in1 on the top of the sleeve might help.

If none of this works you probably need a new chuck from LHR. $30+ shipping.
    Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12