Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/4" material

Default 1/4" material

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Bill,

I don't get a prompt for the board thickness using a 14.5" wide board. A couple weeks ago when I discovered that the 14.5" width no longer gave the prompt, I called LHR and they said it would work if I removed the sliding guide plate and put a 15" wide board in the machine, but I have not verified that for myself. Glad to hear it's still working for you, somehow.

Also, happy to hear that you're successful with running 3/8" thick stock through the machine without a sled- I don't know of anyone else that has had your same success - seems the 1/2" thickness is the norm for the machine to function properly for the rest of us.

May I ask what version of Designer you are using, and what firmware version Who is your card formatted with? Maybe you found the "magic formula"? It's a little puzzling why the rest of us can't seem to get the same results you are. Maybe it's the particular combination of software and firmware versions you are using??
    I am running 1.120 and just bumbling along as I don't have a clue what my card in formatted with or what firmware version I am using, I can tell you that in the last couple of hours that I ran 3 pieces of rough sawn (cut on my band saw) 3/8" acrylic treated maple through my machine and they all went through without a problem and turned out great except for the fact that they are 1/8" too thick.............Thick headed Scot, I will figure it out. bill

Quote Originally Posted by pilotcreek View Post
    I am running 1.120 and just bumbling along as I don't have a clue what my card in formatted with or what firmware version I am using, I can tell you that in the last couple of hours that I ran 3 pieces of rough sawn (cut on my band saw) 3/8" acrylic treated maple through my machine and they all went through without a problem and turned out great except for the fact that they are 1/8" too thick.............Thick headed Scot, I will figure it out. bill
    Hello Bill,

Thank you very much for the reply. Still curious what the firmware version is on your card. You can check by inserting your memory card in the reader, then open Designer, click on "Flash Manager" then click on the "Firmware" button - a window will pop up telling you what firmware version is running on the card.

Very cool about the 3/8" thick stock running through your machine OK. That's a good thing for you! Just had a fellow post the other day about not being able to successfully run 3/8" stock. "We all" told him that 1/2" stock or thicker is required (as per the current CC/CW Owner's Manual).

If I recall, the machine was originally intended to run stock down to 3/8" thick, but somewhere along the line, the 1/2" minimum was put in place. Apparently, some(?) machines (like yours) CAN do 3/8". Interesting!
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 02-02-2008 at 07:58 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default 1/4" material

Michael,

I will do that some time tomorrow as it is raining and blowing here in Oregon and my shop is 200' from my house and I just don't want to make the dash right now.

Thanks, Bill

Default Field trip

I think one of these days I may have to by lunch for Michael T and con him in to showing me how to do the digital picture stuff. Apparently I am slower than Most and just cant get it right. I would love to do some lithopanes

OHHH dang never mind I forgot he was so far south. dang he bout 20 minutes from my daughter down there LOL and I dont venture out to see her either
    Last edited by Bubbabear; 02-02-2008 at 08:34 PM.
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Default 1/4" material

Michael,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, stuff just happens........I am running Firmware 1.125 and I can say that my machine carves 3/8" material with no problems yet, I have carved 5 sets of grips with no problems, I just really need to figure out how to do it with 1/4" material. I tried to attach a couple of photo's but am not smart enough to figure that one out also. Bill

www.enhancedwood.com

Quote Originally Posted by pilotcreek View Post
    Michael,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, stuff just happens........I am running Firmware 1.125 and I can say that my machine carves 3/8" material with no problems yet, I have carved 5 sets of grips with no problems, I just really need to figure out how to do it with 1/4" material. I tried to attach a couple of photo's but am not smart enough to figure that one out also. Bill

www.enhancedwood.com
    Thanks for the info, Bill.

You can attach photos by clicking on the "Manage Attachments" button in the Additional Options area (below the text area where you type in your message).

Typically, you will click the "Browse" button under the "Upload File from your Computer" label, then navigate to the location of your photo, select the photo, then click the "Upload" button after you have been taken back to the 'Manage Attachments' screen. (Just be sure your picture (jpg) is under the 117.2KB size limit or it won't upload.)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default 1/4" material

I did all of that, and it said that my photo's were too big, went to photo's properties and it said that they were 109 mb.........so how do you make the photo's smaller?????????? Bill
    www.enhancedwood.com

any good photo editing program. I use irfanview there are others out there too
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Default Wow!

109 mb, that is bigger than most of my videos,
    I use Paint Shop Pro, Fireworks and Photoshop, any of them will resize a photo/image. Most programs you will go to a tab, mine is "image" and click on image size or resize image. You should be down to around 800x600 for emailing to people and to upload to here you will probably have to go smaller if you don't know how to compress it.

If you want you can email them to me and I will cut them down to size for you.

Ed
    Last edited by TurkeyBranch; 02-04-2008 at 07:49 PM.
    A person has to know their limitations, I know I have none..

Default 1/4" material

Wow..........how the heck did they get so big, I have a pretty good digital camera and they go directly into Corel, I then save them to my desk top to either edit and delet or place into a folder, I e-mail these photo's all of the time so I am at a loss as to what is going on here. Bill

P.S. what is your e-mail address?

www.enhancedwood.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast