Thread: Fatal Error Code 3?

Default Fatal Error Code 3?

Ok, I am at a loss here. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this (I Searched the forum for this, only found 1 relating to Code Error 3).

In the middle of a routing job (which I routinely do the same dimensions time after time with no trouble) the machine completely shuts down, LCD goes out can't do anything. Tried the old reboot trick figuring that would do it, nothing! It has power, I'm running 1.125 version firmware, tried turning the LCD contrast, still nothing. Blowing the machine out after every use. I even re-formated the card and reinserted it, still nothing.

I am planning on calling LHR tomorrow but was wondering if anyone had any experience on this one first. Thanks!
    Craig

If the LCD went blank how are you seeing an error code?

Try this, turn the machine off, remove the card, turn the machine back on and play with the contrast. Is the top line of the LCD filled with squares?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    If the LCD went blank how are you seeing an error code?

Try this, turn the machine off, remove the card, turn the machine back on and play with the contrast. Is the top line of the LCD filled with squares?
    I knew the code because I took the card and viewed the error on the reader from the PC. I also uploaded the error to LHR for what it was worth.

I tried your suggestion Jeff, I received nothing on the LCD.

On a side note, I called LHR today. They said it could be a short, couldn't really pinpoint it. I am going to ship it to Texas. Max time in their shop they claim is 15 days. Oh well, still under warranty at least.
    Craig

I knew the code because I took the card and viewed the error on the reader from the PC. I also uploaded the error to LHR for what it was worth.
    OK, just checking

I tried your suggestion Jeff, I received nothing on the LCD.
    That means the machine has no power. Probably the power supply.

They said it could be a short, couldn't really pinpoint it.
    I love that you got the 'it's a short' explanation. Usually folks try to explain anything going wrong electrically as a short; when usually it is exactly the opposite, i.e. it's an open circuit. Not that it matters how it was explained, as a EE the 'it's a short' line is a pet peeve (no doubt I get it from my first electronics instructor in high school who was a retired Navy instructor)
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!