Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm out of the carvewright madness club...

Default I'm out of the carvewright madness club...

Hello all,

Just wanted to say bye. I'm out of the club- have fun. My third system took a dive and I'm done. The most I got out of one was the second- 3 carves before it took a dive.

1st machine-
    burned through flex shaft sleeve- first project

2nd machine-
    cut motor error
    blew a hole in the dust bag
    drilled through indexing sensor
    burned all the wood I tried to use CL with

3rd machine-
    x axis overload- first project
    x axis off 1/4"- first project
    cut motor error- second project
    drilled through indexing sensor- second project

I called and spoke with Lisa and then Michelle- Michelle was very curteous, Lisa had a case of mistaken identity- told me I had just called- but was otherwise amicable. I am trying to get a refund on the centerline text, as it was purchased in good faith that LHR could provide a worthwhile, reliable machine. Of course, they say it is non refundable and that's that. I have filed a claim with the BBB and am looking at any other legal recourse. If anyone is interested or has information, feel free to PM me.

The carvewright gives great results- when it works. It's just not functional enough of the time to be a worthwhile purchase for $1700. If you have the perseverance and patience to have a brick a good majority of the time, have fun.

Thanks a lot for your help everyone, and have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.

-Michael
    Last edited by phoenix02; 11-26-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix02 View Post
    I have filed a claim with the BBB and am looking at any other legal recourse.-Michael
    Sorry you feel you had to go that route.

Good Luck in your future and sorry to see you leave.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Sorry you had so many problems with you machines who knows maybe someday you will get the bug and try again. Hope you the best. The only question is what are you going to do with your $1700?

Wow that is a run of bad luck there. I hate to see someone get that frustrated, I see it too often in my line of work (PC support). The usual answer is a relatively cheap upgrade. With this tool the next step is a huge one.
    If you get the itch again I hope you have much better luck.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Dont worry you're not alone, I have about $100,000 worth of machinery in my shop and the carvewright is the only machine that breaks down every time its used.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stephanilynn View Post
    Dont worry you're not alone, I have about $100,000 worth of machinery in my shop and the carvewright is the only machine that breaks down every time its used.
    You know you are replying to a 2 year old thread?
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Quote Originally Posted by stephanilynn View Post
    Good Point bringing a 2 year old post to the surface to give it another kick....

$1700.00 = Hobby Machine.....

$100K = Industrial Machine......

Not fair.... Not the current state of the machines....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default 100 %

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Good Point bringing a 2 year old post to the surface to give it another kick....

$1700.00 = Hobby Machine.....

$100K = Industrial Machine......

Not fair.... Not the current state of the machines....

AL
    You so correct AL.

No way one can compair, two worlds apart. $1700.00 to $100K.

My goal from the first day I got my CW at LHR was and still is to add two to three more CW's, as you have already done Al.

Robert
    rcdages

Robert,

Yes, working in the limits of the machine, it can be a work horse.... I made 2 Quilt Racks yesterday with it, 4 wood signs and tried an experiment to see if I could engrave a brass tag... No on the brass tag... I will use another machine to to that.

Having 2 or 3 machines when you start production type work, having the backup ready to fill in is great.....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thumbs up You do very good work !!!!!!!

Your correct about the machine when one gets in to production.

I have a couple places were my Koi carvings could prove to be taking my CW in to a good state of production.

Once I pick it up at LHR, I am going to hit the carving mode.

You do a really nice job with your carvings.

Do you have any idea if the Carvewright Conference 2009 is falling in to place for OCT.? If it all comes together are you going to atten?

Have not seen anything posted by Janson about it as of late?

For my growth, I am looking to the first of the year for CW #2, then I can say two CW and looking for more. Love how you state three CC and looking for more.

Robert
    rcdages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast