Thread: Removing Bit

Default Removing Bit

When a project is finished the Z truck moves to the far left. To remove the bit I've been sliding the Z truck to the middle by hand. To grab the truck you have to get your fingers around the metal frame and exert quite a bit of pressure to slide the truck to the center. It would be nice to have the machine move the truck to the center when a project is completed like it does when changing bits. Bye the way should the machine be turned off prior to sliding the truck?

hey Hank,

I always turn off the machine before moving the Z-truck. Having the power off Its alot easier to slide it. I also feel I'm not putting strain on the Z-truck motor. Hope this helps. Mike

Default Removing Bit

Hi Hank,

Yes it is a very good idea to turn the machine off while removing the bit, it's a little less ware and tear on the "Y" truck belts, gears, and motor. You should be able to feel the difference in how it moves, with the power on as apposed to being off. I also put a small plastic sleeve on the Bit to protect it, if I should happen to drop it, also to protect my fingers. (them Bits can Bite)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05509a.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 11-16-2007 at 08:53 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails