Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else this frustrated?

Nora and Bill,

For the first 6 weeks I had the machine, I spent more than half my time on it troubleshooting mechanical problems (bad cut motor, sandpaper belt folding into itself, bum tracking sensor, sticky chuck, clogged-up board sensor), but once all these fine forum folks helped me iron out all the kinks, it was pretty smooth sailing.

I'd recommend you stick with it through the shake-down period so you can enjoy the fruits of all the labor you're in for.

dominulus

Default 2 Machines

If you are going to depend on the machines for production and promised work then 2 machines is the way to go. If it's a business it's all a deduction anyway..... Peace of mind..... Stay away from the no warranty machines on eBay.

AL

this machine has a 1 year warranty on it right?

so they'll pay for the shipping if something breaks down, or it needs to be sent back?

i'm ok with having to do some maintenance on the machine, but it sounds like once some of the things that do break, the machine will start to run nicely?

i'm still waiting on sears to get them in...they said maybe late this weekend =(

4. Default

I've only had mine a week...I've not carved but a couple of things yet, I'm taking it very slow and trying to learn all I can before getting in too deep. I'm going to really get into it this weekend, and will be able to see if it's gonna be something I can keep or not. I have had a couple of errors show up, but nothing critical, and both have been because I did something wrong.

I'd say the learning curve is steeper than lots of things, but if you take the curve safely, you'll be fine.

Here's to hoping we're ALL still on here in a year tellin all the "newbs" to chill out and hang in there!

G

Thumbs up wearing mine out

i have only had the "please close cover error" and that was after the first carve. tightened the two screws underneath the senson and have had no more problems. probably got 90 hours of cut time and 20 scan time and still no problems. i did get a fatal error message while vacuuming on the keyboard side... i don't do that anymore. guese i should go knock on wood now huh.

I've had just about every problem there is and LHR stepped up to the plate and got me running. That way I see it, by replacing these parts I'm gettin a better machine that has the bugs worked out. Keep the faith boys/girls, if your one that has problems.....just a matter of time before you get your machine tweaked just right.

Unhappy ready to throw in the towel.

I have had my machine for almost a month and so far have only been able to use it one time. That was the first time. Since then I have had to replace the board sensor and now the chuck needs replaced. The one that is installed does not lock open and when you install a bit the chuck does not fully come down into place and throws the bits every time. LHR has sent me a replacement chuck but for the life of me I cant get the old one off. I have used a heat gun and have a correct size Allen wrench and flat wrench. The only thing that is happening is the Allen wrench is starting to turn in the Square Drive. Not a good thing. I have ordered Rjustice's chuck tools. I'm not going to try changing the chuck again until I have them. I don't want to strip out the Square Drive and hope I haven't already. I hope it doesn't have to make a trip to Texas. I really want to make a few Christmas presents this year.
    Sorry, I guess I'm just venting.
    Last edited by STEAM; 10-26-2007 at 07:23 PM.
    Gimme Steam.

just be patient with the machine and the company. they seem like they are duing the best that they can to get everyone's problems fixed. I'm sure that they got a lot of customers that they have to deal with. As robbie stated, "its only a matter of time before you get your machine tweaked to the way you want it."

I JUST WANTED TO POST SOMETHING BEFORE THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.(lol)
    but really, all i can say is work through the problems(as i did) it's worth it..remember it's under warranty

Don't get me wrong. I have had nothing but complete support from LHR. They have been absolutely great! I'm not going to send my machine back or a refund. I am in this full tilt. When I bought my machine I got the complete package. Bit set, scanning probe centerline text the works. I have faith in the machine and even greater faith in the company. It's just getting through the "break in" period that a little rough. I know that once I get past the "bugs" I am going to enjoy my CW.
    I wouldn't say that I am impatient. I'm just the kind of person who thinks it takes too long to make instant coffee in a microwave!
    Gimme Steam.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast