Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Centerline Text is HERE....

I love the speed centerline text carves with, I also like to copy offset and trim vector lines I wonder if they will charge $100 for these features as well?
    I have a slight issue with LHR not including it in the base software right off the start, but I am glad it is now available.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Just called back and that activation is per computer so activation on a second computer will be $100.00. A computer crash will just be a call for reactivation as the serial number will be the same.

Still a good deal for someone doing signs and lots of text like me.

I think they will back the shipping charge out later.

AL
    As much as I want centerline, and fully believed it was included with the machine when I bought it per advertisements, the above is a breaker. I play with computers as much as anything else and this is more like a software rental than a purchase. If they relax it or change it, then they'll get my money... Companies are getting way too controlling on how "their" software can be use. I don't care about legal mumbo jumbo. If I pay for it, I should be able to install it and use it as I see fit, especially with the way windows crashes! And am I wrong in that the software was allowed to be installed on TWO computers so we could use a laptop in the shop and a desktop elsewhere?

Sorry, I could almost live with the cost but this licensing scheme is over the top... And I was going to order it today...

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Very interesting..... It is already in 1.120 and you go to the help and upgrade code and she gives you a key to put in. She already has your serial number that pops up. Every installation needs it's own activation code...

No CD, No Internet Access, Just a activation key.... It's been there the whole time.

Interesting......

AL
    Actually, not sure if it's the trial software as what I am using but the Centerline option is not there on mine....

OK ladies, lets keep the whining to a minimum. It is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. Like it or leave it. Should I go on? Don't answer that
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Quote Originally Posted by 911guy View Post
    Actually, not sure if it's the trial software as what I am using but the Centerline option is not there on mine....
    If you'd read the other posts you'd of discovered it is there. You won't get it unless you pay for an activation key.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    If you'd read the other posts you'd of discovered it is there. You won't get it unless you pay for an activation key.
    Gotcha, my bad then.

Just ordered my machine today with the centerline, bit set and 1/16th adapter and bit. Trying to patiently wait for it...

Default Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by BearlyRich View Post
    ...And am I wrong in that the software was allowed to be installed on TWO computers so we could use a laptop in the shop and a desktop elsewhere?

Sorry, I could almost live with the cost but this licensing scheme is over the top... And I was going to order it today...
    I'm sorry to hear that the purchase price is for only one installation. While I was orignally disapointed about the $100, it was bearable when I thought that it would apply to both of my installations. Since I can't decide which one I would want the installation on (I use both installations equally), and I'm not willing to spend $200 for what I see as a stopgap measure between the basic and advanced software package, I think that I too will wait, at least until I can't stand it any more, or at least figure out which of my computers I want it on.

I'm just curious what the long delay in releasing it was if it was built into the 1.120 software the whole time? It's been "two weeks" away for ages. Curiouser and curiouser.
    Last edited by CallNeg151; 07-30-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Default I'm weak.

Well, I lasted about 40 minutes before breaking out the credit card for one install. I need to do something nice for my wife before she finds out.

I just hope I choose the right computer to install it on.

Default I vote HOORAY!

Hello ALL...

I have been a very happy and satisfied CompuCarve owner for many months, and I've read and followed along throughout. Since my purchase at the beginning of May, I've progressed slowly and methodically learning all the while. The machine has performed flawlessly I am happy to say, and the only hiccup was operator error.
    I was immediately interested a good month ago (or however long ago it was) when the blurb on the website stated "Centerline Text" was coming soon. I waited and waited... even wrote an email as to how soon it would be released. Then, a few days later it disappeared. A post on the Forum gave the explanation... and so I waited even longer.
    Then, a post on the Forum late this past Thursday afternoon (the 26th) that Centerline was available!! I must have been one of the first to order without a doubt! After reading further, I realized I also needed the proper centerline carving bits and had to place a second order that night.
    Anyway, I received the same telephone call from Heather this morning and I must admit it was a little strange to plug in the activation code and have Centerline Text option mysteriously appear in the current version of 1.120! Still, I didn't care... I had it in my 'hot little hands'. I asked Heather if this was indeed only good on one PC installation (as she asked me in the beginning which compuer I wanted to put it on), and she stated factually that it was.
    Hmmmm... that's a bummer, but so it goes. You know what people? I will most assuredly pay another $100 to have it installed on my other PC. I don't quite understand all of the discontent about it being promised in the beginning, the fact that it is licensed for only one machine, "lawyers guns and money", or whatever. I am a happy little camper to have it for an additional $100 and I quite willing to pay another $100 (in the near future!) to receive a second license. This overall seems like a steal... the overall machine and the software is such a huge bargain I personally am counting my lucky stars!!! And guys... I've been unemployed since days just before Christmas!!! Money is rather scarce, but I am not about to complain about any of this... I for one am delighted at this most amazing opportunity!

Okay... enough! Now I feel better! Oh ya... here's the sad part. As I stated earlier, I had to order the proper bits for centerline carving, and they haven't arrived yet!!! I have the software and can only twiddle my thumbs!!! Yet I'm still absolutely thrilled!!!

To agree with Digitalwoodshop... "Don't complain... BE HAPPY!!!"
    Last edited by TownEnterprises; 07-30-2007 at 11:06 PM. Reason: improper English in 1 sentance... I hate that!

Default Post #1

Excellent for a FIRST EVER POST.... I am with you on being happy.

Any 60 degree and 90 degree V bit should work fine in case you want to get one local.

I use the V60 for text below 1 inch in height and V90 for the rest.

Good Luck,

AL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast