Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Center Line Again

Default Memory HOGS

Hi Rick
    Have a Monster laptop Computer W/2 22" monitors plus 17" monitor on laptop used as 1-2-3 can move to each monitor w/mouse different programs makes eveything simple and easy!!
    I have had Forum on Monitor #1 ,Mont #2 =1.120, Monitor #3 1.028 .
    I make centerline on .028 copy and paste to .120 run patterns window and tools on center monitor along with forum (most of time) some times have phhoto editor up on center its easier to copy and paste into .120 just to see what carve is really looking like , then touch up and re copy and paste into .120.

This is all done on a laptop. and I cant see the diffrent speeds in program unless it a Text hog like the "Firefighters Prayer" (Earlier Post)
    Wow Where is this going Got carryed away

Anyway I dont think it is your computer slowing you down It may be your WINDOWS FONT File
    Take a look at c:\windows\fonts I have over 600 different fonts .and it seems to run fine
    How many fonts you have actully SLOWS program down as these load when you program loads, How many do you use ??? Move unused fonts to seprate folder and try program again.(Should keep all TTF and System Fonts) most of the others are just versions of TTF ..
    Just take a bunch of them and move to seprate folder try program then move them back try program again.
    If this helps try getting the ones you dont use into a seprate folder .
    Iwouldnt advise deleting them just get them out of C:\windows\fonts folder or C\windows\system\fonts.
    I get carreid away explaining this sorry for the lenght of my post
    (P/S could go on for ever
    Good luck!!!
    If A Picture is worth 1000 words
    "A MPC is worth a 1,000,000 Questions"
    Dave

Default Font File Size..

Thanks Dave-Carve.. I will check file size and trim it up. I may have well over 600. I use Corel Draw and as you I use multi monitors.. really a must have. I rarely use more than 50 or so fonts on a regular basis and intended to thin them out for some time, but since I never had problems it was on a back burner. I will do as you recommend later today and let all know of my results..

Thanks..

Default Avoid some fonts with Cline

The vector paths generated from the fonts are really amazing feat.
    I found that some fonts carve really bad or slow, My sis wanted a handwritten looking font that was terrible to carve many small cuts it looked like raster being cut.
    I found some nice looking and fast cutting fonts and stick with them. Bookman antique I think. I had a script (cursive looking) that froze every time I used it , I deleted it.
    I have a CD with 1000 fonts and go to Dafont.com for supplemental fonts.
    And yes the name on the installer is different from the version that installs, thats how I downloaded it over a year ago.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Talking Recieved the Center line text

Center line was there all the time. Day after I placed my order got a call from Carvewright with the activation code and I was set.

It is a bit slow. I have dual 2.4 ghz processors and 4 gig of memory and I could see the slow down, but no freeze ups.

Bottom line, for me, it was worth the wait, both for the release and for the computer.

The results are great.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
    Center line was there all the time. Day after I placed my order got a call from Carvewright with the activation code and I was set.

It is a bit slow. I have dual 2.4 ghz processors and 4 gig of memory and I could see the slow down, but no freeze ups.

Bottom line, for me, it was worth the wait, both for the release and for the computer.

The results are great.

Andy
    I've mentioned this before. The larger the sign made with centerline the longer the processing time & the time needed to compile the project to the card. Each letter on my BIG sign had 10-12 passes of the bit & that is programmed as you work on the project. Save often-for if there are many components it will crash on you sooner or later. The carving it's self is considerably faster than raster, though.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Quote Originally Posted by RickC View Post
    Well the idea offered of a possible bad font file may have been but I tried the same program on different computers, another of my office computers, my wifes, and my notebook. All with different setups etc and the problem showed on all.

As for my computer it has 2 gig ram, runs at 3.0 Over Clocked to 3.6 GHZ Duel Core and 2 256 meg Nvidia Graphics cards. I use this machine for graphic art and design of large files. It is no slouch. Besides I have no problems with the new 1.120.

The only thing I think is that the download I got of 1.029 may have glitched during download or the one I downloaded had a problem.

If someone with a working centerline version of 1.028 or 9, with no font window lag, could possibly e-mail me a link or attachment It would be appreciated. At least I would eliminate the thoughts that the program has a problem and I can look elsewhere. This should not be a violation of (C) etc. since it is a demo or if one has a regesterable version I could legaly register it as I do own a Carvewright.

Thank you all for your ideas it is appreciated.. You make a new member feel at home.

I run the same graphics card with a dual core...similar setup and no slow down noticed.
    Ben

Default Centerline engraving

rjustice,

I sense that for highly detailed centerline engraving -- say in the style of Thomas Bewick (see image below) -- the smaller and sharper the bit, the better.

d.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bewick.jpg  

Just finished up a batch of 1/8" shank 60 degree "V" to a sharp point today if you are interested!

Several are combination tools... in other words 1/16 or 1/8 ball on one end, engraving bit on the other end of the same tool. Also some .05 square on one end and engraving on the other.

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123