Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Dust Shoe Prototype for the Carvetight

I believe since the files are posted here as a mpc anyone can run the files and cut the parts no special software required. The Trick is getting 1/2 inch Cast Acrylic. You can glue two 1/4 together too. And it must be Cast Acrylic as the Cheaper Home Center Acrylic is EXTRUDED Acrylic and will MELT and stick to the Bit and BAD things happen to the machine...

The machine has a Mechanical Bit Plate that comes out when the head goes over to the far side and the bit touches the bit plate and tells the computer the bit length. The Plastic Plate Replaces the Metal Bit Plate in a design that lets the shoe duck under the plastic plate, a problem that was solved in a few ways but this last way is the BEST in MY opinion. Find the youtube videos and you can see the various versions.

Good Luck,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-21-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by dopiata View Post
    May I ask, what software from CW is needed to build this dust shoe. Also, what is the right piece of acrylic where the bit comes to rest on during calibration used for? Does this allow the unit to adjust its depth due to the shoe being added?
    You need to look at the thread:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...type-I-Project

The only software you need is the Designer program to upload the projects to the card.

The right piece of acrylic is the bit plate. It replaces the original swing out bit plate that comes with the machine. The original bit plate will hit the dust shoe when it swings out and so must be replaced with the stationary one.

3. Default

Those looking for 1/2" acrylic, check this site http://www.delviesplastics.com/mm5/m...=Clear_Acrylic I’m not experienced with purchasing cast acrylic but it seems like a good price.

Since I put the dust shoe working great ,,Question now how wide of a board can you put in the machine , can you still go 14 in wide or 14 1/2 any one out there have tried this any info would be appreciated
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Good question Henry. The board can still be 14.5" since the truck, chuck, and bit are up during the width measurement. It is the carving area that must be a little smaller. I measured once and thought 14" was safe. You will have to measure it to be sure. You do not want the chuck to get too near the stationary bit plate. I suppose a CT, Rock, or ERs would all be a little different. If the carve is really shallow so the chuck stays above the bit plate, you may even be able to get the 14.5". Like I said, good question, measure twice, be safe!!

I thought that if one was going to do many wide carvings, one could redesign the bit plate to manually fold up.

6. Default

could you share the files please

7. Default

where can I find the file or buy it, thanks for sharing

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637