Thread: Big Ask for Oscar

Default Big Ask for Oscar

Have a teen age granddaughter who actually asked me to teach her to play chess. First and only request for chess from any of them and was a total surprise. Has followed up and now makes me wish I had worked harder at it. Anyway, had a wild idea of making her a chess set and board. Board is no problem but the pieces are out of my realm. Don't have the rotary jig but wonder if a set could be made using two-sided carves? A lot of pieces for a set but many of them are duplicates. Willing to contribute to your wood fund if you could come up with something.
    Thanks for your feedback, Rick H
    Last edited by want2b; 6 Days Ago at 04:54 PM.

I made a set many years ago but I've never tried carving them. If they need to be modified or don't work let me know.

My initial thought is its possible to do but a definite challenge. They were made with designer 2 so let me know they need to be in designer 1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2024-06-14 19_26_31-Window.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Will be giving them a try. Looks like a winner from the pic, hope to make a run soon, not sure where the time goes but definitely 'fleeting' as the song says.
    I run in ver 1 and ver 3 so should be ok.
    Thank you so much.

Awesome. Ver3 will be able to open the files.

Let me know if they do need to be changed or redone. I never carved them so don't know if they have any issues or how well they work.