Thread: power fluctuation

Default power fluctuation

I am having trouble with power fluctuation. I can restart my machine about 6 times after repeated shut down at various intervals ie one second, 6 seconds, maybe a minute. Then it will run and finish the carve....7 hours.
    any ideas on what this might be. recently changed the brushes, dedicated circuit, changed the white ribbon and the bottom circuit board.

Is the machine stating any messages after the flucuations?

just that "Power fluctuation press enter to restart".

There have been previous posts about your problem. Have had a couple of power issues myself.. Here's a post with some ideas from folks who have the expertise.
    https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...er+fluctuation

Thanks , I will give these a look.

Strange how things come around, don't know if kwbcpastor was helped by the earlier post or not. I finally tried a carve, still have the congestion issue but put on my chemical mask. Anyway had the 'Power Fluctuation' stop me and it would restart after pressing enter but die again within a short time. It was my original A machine and it had the problem 10ish yrs ago and I had fixed the coil connection problem Al refers to so I 'assumed' it was brushes. They didn't look all that worn but replaced them anyway. Started the carve again and quickly had the failure. Scratched my head and wondered what was up.
    Thought about Al, took out the power supply and opened it up for a careful look. When I looked at the solder joint I repaired way back when it didn't look all that great, more like what we always called a 'cold' solder joint. Got out the gun and redid the connection. Put everything back together, ran the carve and it went perfectly.
    Hats off and thank you to Al, hoping he's in the Facebook group and doing well.
    Last edited by want2b; 3 Days Ago at 04:56 PM.

Awesome troubleshooting and fix. Glad you are making sawdust again.

thx, as Popeye says ' That's all I can stand and I can't stands no more' rough quote. Visit to doc today for more tests, we'll see what's next. Guess the good thing is I don't feel bad overall.

Great work fixing your issue Hope things go good with the doc for you.

10. Default

I'm experiencing power fluctuations with my machine. I can restart it about six times after multiple shutdowns, varying the intervals between one second, six seconds, or even a minute. Eventually, it runs and completes the carving, which takes around seven hours. I've recently replaced the brushes, ensured it's on a dedicated circuit, changed the white ribbon, and swapped out the bottom circuit board. Any ideas on what might be causing this issue?
    pizza tower