I really appreciate your help. But you know, you shouldnt be the one showing/telling me this stuff. Its a shame that LHR doesnt create how-to videos on the troubleshooting aspects of this very complicated machine. It would save them time and customer aggravation, not to mention all the online damning words that disappointed customers have written about their encounters with the machine and the LHR policies.
Im not quite ready to completely give up on it... but I have already begun looking into getting rid of it... by the way - its the measuring length that is the issue, not the width. Seems to me that the problem would be on both measurements.....not just the length

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
The tape thing is fairly simple. When you place a board in the machine, where you place it is where the truck moves across to measure the width. This is the area I place one strip of tape, so the board senor mounted to the truck can see it. after measuring width the truck moves to the keypad side of board, then out a couple inches and stops. This is where the board starts to move to the right, if looking at keypad. Where the truck stops is where the second piece of tape is placed to make the T shape. When the board starts to move the tracking roller starts to record counts, as the board moves to the right the compression roller drops out, this is where the board sensor takes over and starts looking for the edge. the strip of tape on the bottom helps insure the roller maintain an accurate count. A longer board unsupported will also cause this issue, as it travels out of the machine the offset weight of the board will cause it to lift off the roller. Keep asking and telling us of what happens and what you would like to know, we can get though this I'm sure.