Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big problem here

I can figure most of this out as I go. I can pull the cut motor. How do I check it out from there? I have a lot of hours on that motor. Should I just plan on getting a new one?

I would pull the motor and split it apart. (Note the hidden screw in the small blower pipe.) You might get lucky and see evidence of a part or connection getting hot. Just take off one half and make sure you can put it all back the way it was.

I tried one more carve today, after the video I took of it carving oak. I need a small sign carved in pvc lumber and since its so easy a carve, I thought it might work. I still had slowing issues, plus I got one Check Cut Motor error, and one X axis stall. I don't know if those clues give any more information or not. I'll pull the cut motor in the morning.

Here are some pictures. Nothing is jumping out at me. Anyone see anything of concern?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0478.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	83424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0479.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	83425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0480.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	83426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0481.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	83427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0482.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	83428
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0477.JPG   IMG_0484.JPG   IMG_0485.JPG  

I cannot see anything in the pictures. Look for signs of heat or loose connectors.

6. Default

You can clamp the motor to a table and hook it direct to 110 volts and see if it runs ok.

Quote Originally Posted by normrichards View Post
    You can clamp the motor to a table and hook it direct to 110 volts and see if it runs ok.
    The problem is that it seems to run ok load free. The cut motor test was ok. When under load, it seems to flake out.

8. Default

I understand, If I had the motor out I would run it just to see. I just wonder from the pics if there is also a depth of cut issue. With all the burning and such.

I also did a carve of some letters in pvc lumber. Very easy carving and it didn't appear to go abnormally deep. Even then I had the issue of it slowing down. I guess I try a new cut motor. (I am to the point now that I wish I just bought a new machine last summer instead of sending it in.)

It is too bad we could not determine the problem. Still spend a little time looking over all the connectors. Look at the brushes as well. You may still see something which indicates a poor connection.

(Do you think it could be a bad spindle bearing in the truck? Did the motor sound like it was backing off or did it sound like it was under more load when it slowed down?)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast