Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using Truetype fonts to import drawings (again).

When I hit the c key the attached screen shot shows what happens - the text window changes to give this.

john
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen shot 2.jpg  

You need to select Cummings2 in the list then type a "C" where it says "Enter Text Here".
    Charles M

That's what I thought I did. I select the cummings font, but nothing shows in the lower pane where it normaly says "(Enter text here)".
    So I hit the c key anyway and the previous attachment shows what it switched to.

John

Edit -I've just repeated the process twice. The first time the same thing happened, but the second time it worked.
    It occurs to me that in all cases I have been on line while trying this out, and though I have broadband, the speed may not have been quick enough the first time round.

Edit 2 I've attached the final screen shot of it working for anyone reading the thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen shot 3.jpg  
    Last edited by Greybeard; 06-03-2007 at 04:24 PM.

John,

It's still not working correctly for you. Here's what the caps C should look like:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cummings.jpg  
    Charles M

Your image is what I got, Charles. And as for the rest of the font characters, if it's not actually a san serif font, then I suspect it's shown that way to me because of Panose, although with your Commins' 2 installed, it should look exactly as you have it.

Bob

Ho hum

As I have only ver 8 and 11 of CorelDraw, and Adobe Illustrator 8, I will have to find a slightly different route.
    Perhaps I'll try using a re-named copy of an existing font, and substituting a changed letter shape in that.
    Any thoughts ?

John
    Last edited by Greybeard; 06-04-2007 at 01:59 AM.

John,

That's how I started, back in the day, making my own fonts. I used a Black Ariel, which is about as block as you can get, then using Corel's TTF perameters vectored the outline to suit what I had in mind. I never did finish a whole font series, but did get enough characters composed to make it into something I understood at the time and it worked. If you still have the ability to make a TTF font in version 11 (I still have that and version 5 installed on my system along with X3), then I may just give it another try. I'm not sure I kept the version 11 manual, however. I got rid of most all my Corel manuals (except for the clipart manuals) because I've run out of office space (along with my workshop space ... I'm too much of a collector).

Bob

John,

Just a thought, maybe the problem is the font manager you are using. Did you install the font directly with Windows or did you use a 3rd party software?
    Charles M

I used Font Navigator, Charles, and that worked just fine.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Charles M View Post
    John,

Just a thought, maybe the problem is the font manager you are using. Did you install the font directly with Windows or did you use a 3rd party software?
    I dragged the ttf file from where I'd saved it, using windows explorer, across to the windows/font folder.

Bob, I've had a look for any mention of a font making method in version 11, but no luck.
    I'm open to suggestions based on what I've got rather than buy in more software.

John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123